9.

Isabelle's House3rd June, the same night

Isabelle's House
3rd June, the same night

After a quick shower, I put on Bokuto's owl shirt that I kept from the famous water war and start drawing. I take out a piece of black paper and with the white pencil, I draw Bokuto spiking a ball. I saw that so many times that I don't need photos or anything to recreate it.

An hour and a half later I finish my creation. I look at it very proudly and then I text Bokuto's mom asking her if the boy is already sleeping. It's almost eleven and I should go to sleep but I need to give him this draw right now.

His mom texts me back pretty quickly. I know she works late every day but I didn't aspect such a fast reply. She tells me that Bokuto is knocked out on the couch.

I text her that I'm on my way to give her something for her son. I don't wait for a reply. I put the draw in a cute envelope with a dog's paws on it and write the name of my friend above it.

My mom is sleeping so I just stick a note on my bedroom door, in case she wakes up. I run down the stairs and put some shoes on. I don't care that I'm only wearing a big shirt, after all, I just need to turn the corner to arrive at my destination.

I take the keys, my phone, and the letter and run out. When I reach Bokuto's home his mom is already outside, sitting on the porch and smiling at me. I wave at her and hug her.

«Honey! What are you doing here so late? And just with a shirt on!» she whispers yelling at me. I give to her the letter.

«Can you please give it to Kōtarō when he wakes up?» she sighs and take the letter. Then she hand me a bag that I didn't notice at first.

«Here, I cooked some muffins yesterday and I know how much you love them»

The delicious smell of chocolate and strawberry makes me want to eat them right now but I decide to bring them home and divided them with mom.

Before I can say anything the front door opens and a sleepy Bokuto looks at us. Well, he got just one eye open so I don't understand if he recognize me.

His mom returns the letter «I think he would be happier if you give that to him» then she goes back to the house, pushing Bokuto outside and slightly closing the door.

«Isabelle? Is that you or am I dreaming?» he takes a step toward me. He is wearing just pajama pants and has some slippers on. His hair is all down and messy making him look a little too much hot.

«It would be a nightmare if you were sleeping» I laugh a little. He yawns and stretches his body.

«No, I'm pretty sure it would be a dream» he runs his hands over his face to wake up a bit «why are you even here? It's late and you...»

He doesn't finish the sentence but just stares at my outfit. Now I feel my cheeks burning and regret to don't wearing pants under the shirt.

«I just wanted to give you this» I get close to him and hand him the letter «I saw the draw and I thought that it will be nice doing it myself and giving it to you»