30.

Tokyo Metropolitan Gymnasium 8th January, National Tournament, Quarterfinals

8th January, National Tournament, Quarterfinals

Breathe. Focus.

I run and jump, hitting the ball with all my strength. The ball smashes in the opposite court and bounces in the stands behind, between the Tokai's cheerleaders.

«The third consecutively ace for the Dragon! Her amazing jumping serves are always on point!»

My mom, Risa and Akira jump from their seat, screaming while my team run to me fist pumping the air. I give them some high-five and grin, proud of myself.

Tokai's girls are sweat dropping at every serve. I smirk at Sasaki and when the ball return into my hands I positioning myself once again out of the court.

The ball is in the air once again. Not too high, not too strength, breathe.

While our opponent are getting ready to receive a jump serve I do a jumping float serve, surprising everyone and scoring another point.

My girls cheer, jumping up and down and calling me a "crappy girl" or telling me I did a "nasty move". But I know who's the only one to thank in this moment: I point at Maki and her happy expression make me smile.

We practice together and she tough me how to do a perfect jumping float serve during this past months and I can be more grateful for this.

At my fifth serve their libero finally receive the ball. I "tch" her and position myself beside Mina, who gives me a quick fist bump.

Tokai's girls attacked but our amazing libero receives it perfectly, sends it to Ana. She tosses to Ushiwaka but her spike his blocked by a three people wall, that makes the ball to fall in our court, making this their first point.

The girls cheer and on our side of the court I clap my hands to recollecting the girls attention.

«Come here for a second»

They create a little circle around me «For this annoying blocks you don't have to worry, I will manage to receive them»

The girls nod in agreement and send me some thumbs up. The whistle makes us return in position.

Another whistle signal at the number 8 to serve. A nasty float serve is aiming at Mina.

No, wait.

Before I can think clearly on what to do the ball is already almost on the ground in front of me.

Shiiit.

«Wake up, dragon of my ass!» Mina hits the ball with a fist, sending it flying right towards my chin. I dodge it, arching my back and falling on my butt.

The ball is saved by Moto «Fujimoto-senpai, last touch!»

Ana jumps, lifting her arm to spike. When three players jump to block her Ana do a rebound, sending the ball back to us.