35.

Rio de Janeiro 2th August, the same night

Rio de Janeiro
2th August, the same night

«The food is really good here» Oikawa says, stuffing his mouth with any type of meal he can reach. Shoyō is in the same condition while I decide to eat like, you know, a normal person.

Oikawa's gaze moves from the food to me «So you're here for the Olympics, right?» he swallows a piece of fried chicken.

I nod «Yep, I'm gonna take home the golden medal so you better watch me» I point at them with my fork and knife «but the real question is what are you doing here, Great King of Trash» I joke on the nickname Shoyō gave to him.

He sticks out his tongue in a childish way «I play in Argentina now, so I'm right around the corner»

Shoyō seems surprised «Argentina? Wow, I always thought about you more like an Italy type of guy, Oikawa!»

Oikawa crosses his arms on his chest, proud «I totally get it, I definitely fit perfectly in Italy. Never gone there before though» we stop eating to send him a confused look that he ignored «But when I was in elementary school I remain totally capture by an Argentinian setter during a Tournament. His name was José Blanco and the way he took out all the best in every player amazed me so much that in that moment I decided I want to be a setter. Some years later he became coach of a V. League Division, the Falcons, and I know a guy who know a guy that help me contact him and mostly lift me up every time I was thinking about leave volleyball. So when I discovered he was in Argentina I decided to take this challenge and here I am, playing oversea»

We nod, surprised about Oikawa's words.

«That's so cool!» Shoyō's eyes are sparkling «Oh! Oikawa, have you seen any of Kageyama's matches lately?»

Oikawa's face twists a little and he quickly looks away «...Nope»

Me and Shoyō sharing one brain cell in this moment and I can hear him thinking the same thing I'm thinking: They're the same!

We snickered with our hands on our mouths at his reaction.

«Liar!» I say to him, eating the last piece of my beef.

He huffs «I never lie!» he returns focusing on Shoyō «By the way, I thought I was doing something kinda out here, but beach volleyball on the other side of the globe is...»

Before he can finish Shoyō jumps up from his chair «Come on! Let's go play! Around here, everyone plays until pretty late! Isabelle, can you come too?» he asks me.

I check the time on my phone and decide to text something in the team's group chat. When I receive the okay from my captain I smile.

«Yeah, I can»

Oikawa smirks at Hinata «Hehe, you've gotten pretty high and mighty, wanting to fight it out with me»

I suppress my laugh.