11.

Shinzen High-School25th June, second week of the Summer Camp

Shinzen High-School
25th June, second week of the Summer Camp

«Left!»

I surprisingly jump and toss the ball to Ana who spikes the ball in the opposite court. We share a high-five and collapse on the floor, tired.

«C'mon, we have to run above the hill!» Tokai let out a collective verse of complaint but go outside to do the penitence. Akira and Risa come to us with towels and water bottles.

«Today is too hot! I think I'm dying!» Ishikawa waves her towel in front of her face to move some air and refresh herself. I copy her moves.

The first week of Camp passed without any trouble. We work hard, we laugh, and we stay up all night in each other rooms sharing secrets and doing face masks. The only thing that doesn't fit is Bokuto. We still don't talk about what happened that famous night. Of course, we've talked during the day at breakfast, lunchtime, the breaks between matches, and at dinner but we're never alone. I started to think that I completely misunderstood the situation and maybe was just the tiredness that was talking about that night.

Akaashi told me to confront him and the girls want me to wait until he does the first step. I really don't know what to do so I just keep doing what I'm good at playing volleyball.

It's the last match for us today and all the girls are heading to the changing room. I'm the last one coming out of the gym and I notice that the light in gym number 3 is still on. I decide to go and check if someone is still practicing. I don't really feel to stop now but I know the other girls are pretty tired.

A few inches from me there's a Karasuno member, the glassed one. He is stopped by two voices inside the gym.

I recognize Kuroo and Bokuto who are trying to convince the poor boy to block some spikes. I imagine that also Akaashi is with them.

Karasuno's boy tries to decline the offer but I know my friends better than he does so I jog to him.

«They don't stop until you agree,» I say to him, lifting up my head «plus it will be great practice to block some of Bokuto's spikes, I mean, I know he's dumb but he is one of the five best aces in Japan»

The boy "tsk" me and get inside the gym. Bokuto and Kuroo give me a thumbs up and Akaashi bows his head politely.

«Do you need one more player?» I ask, hoping for an affermative response. Kuroo turns his head.

«Lev is completely dead so I guess we need one more»

I feel my eyes sparkling and I run to my friends, tugging them in a big hug «Thank you!»

Kuroo smirks «I mean, always if you don't come out crying»

I stick out my tongue and my piercing shines under the gym's light. Kuroo comes closer and examines it.