Demon Lord no more: part 1

3rd person POV:

In Vaderton Castle, all of the world leaders along with many other guests came together to celebrate for what might be for the last time.

For the plan to finish off the Demon Lord was completed. Once the celebration was over, they would head out to his Castle and finish him off.

King Vaderton tapped his glass with a spoon to get everyone's attention.

King Vaderton: Listen all and listen well! The hero herself has a few words to tell you all before we truly start this party.

An ashen-haired woman took a stand, gaining the attention of all.

Not particularly comfortable in her dress she quickly fixes it before speaking

Ciri:(clears throat)

Ciri: It was a long, hard journey here. To get you all here...(sigh) it wasn't easy.

Ciri: But you all are here, and I thank you all. Enjoy yourselves like it's the end of the world but you don't actually have to worry about the world ending. You know why?

They all began mumbling to each other like housewives that have nothing better to do the gossip.

Ciri: Because by the end of this month... The Demon Lord will be slain!

The crowd then cheered as the celebration began.

Ciri then headed out the balcony to look over the kingdom.

Ciri:...Ugh.

Ciri began to fix her dress more.

???: Stop fixing your dress, dear.

Ciri turned around to see a raven-haired woman.

The woman she saw was named Yenefer. She's a sorceress that has trained Ciri in magical knowledge while also being a motherly figure to her.

Ciri: Tch... This bloody dress is so uncomfortable! Why couldn't I just hang out with my friends?

Yenefer: Because you are an important figure that is needed to inspire-

Ciri: And bring hope to there hearts. I remember now.