(Lore: 6) The legendary sword

3rd person POV:

Ciri Rivia, the legendary hero of prophecy.

I might talk about her one day, but today I shall tell you about her weapon. The sword knows as Excel.

This weapon is quite a magnificent weapon I must emit.

The sword can only be moved by those it considers worthy or that is my guess. I am not sure of the parameters of which the sword considers when choosing a wielder.

The sword absorbs magic from everything near it, but from what I can tell, it's only efficient when in direct contact with any magic source.

Excel also allows its non-magical user to use magic spells with no preparations or material requirements, however, several conditions must be met. There is a limit to how much magic it can take in at once, meaning extremely powerful spells or spells that put out a constant stream can force the wielder to clash with a spell.

There is to my knowledge no limit on how much magic the sword can hold.

It must absorb the magic of the spell the user wants to use. Ciri cannot for example cast a fireball spell before Excel has absorbed such a spell.

The second condition is that the wielder of the blade must see the spell being cast. My hypothesis for this condition is that the sword itself uses what the wielder sees to learn the spell itself.

These are the condition I am aware of. The sword itself is basically a tool that absorbs magic and can then use that magic to cast any spell in accordance with the conditions.

To the history of the sword, I do not know much... Sadly.

Apparently, a sword was retrieved by the Archangel Michael by his father's request. God then reforged the blade into the Excel. He then stabbed it into a rock and created the prophecy.

The sword then was left in the care of some kind of "nun" or "monk" village. Don't quote me on that one...

The sword then ended up in the hands of one Ciri Rivia.

On to what I consider the most fascinating part of the weapon.

I believe the weapon is in some way, sentient.

Understandably that might sound somewhat crazy to you, however, I ask that you hear me out.

The sword from what I hear chooses its wielder. Based on my hypothesis from earlier, the sword casts the spell, and all based on what it learns from what it wielder sees... It might be possible for the sword to cast spells it wants instead of what the wielder wants.

But that's enough of my rant. I'll end this conversation off with a fun fact.

The son of Lucifer once had a sword named Cel, that had the ability to absorb magic and transfer it to its wielder. But unlike Excel, it had no limit to how much it can absorb at once. The sword was lost during the rise of the Demon lord.

Thinking about it now... Could those two be....?