(Lore: 9) Ashann the grim

Unknown narrator:

Ashann Gwendela, the undead sorceress of the team.

Technical the youngest, this undead clone of the mother figure to the hero, Ashann was created by me.

The Demon lord ordered me and another demon to try and get Yenefer so they could manipulate the hero, however, we... We failed.

I blame the other demon, for if it weren't for him we would have succeeded. If I had to do it alone, then I would have never failed the great demon lord.

Anyway, we needed to improvise or it would have been our heads.

So taking the blood of that witch, Yenefer, we tried to make a clone to confuse the hero, instead, we got a corps that barley looked like her.

Turns out, cloning was a technique that was beyond our time. So we had to improvise once again.

Using necromancy, Ashann raised up and become a great challenge for the hero and her companions.

She became a recurring threat to the hero with an undying loyalty towards the demon lord, until one battle where Ciri and Ashann become trapped in a cave.

The hero somehow awakened some part of Yenefer inside of Ashann. From there it was a downward spiral to the hero's side.

In her final battle on the side of the demon lord, she, I, and the Lord himself were facing off against the hero, her companions, and Yenefer.

Being torn apart from not knowing which side to choose, the final nail in the coffin came in the words the Demon lord said to her when she asked him what to do.

He said, "Who are you?".

After that, Ashann felt completely betrayed by her creators, choosing to join the hero in hopes of finding meaning in her existence, the heroes along with her fought the demon lord till the point where the battleground itself crumbled beneath us all.