TV Head~38

-
If you knew the damage that I did
-

"Taeyong just left HQ and is on his way!" Jisung shouted as a phone remained clasped in his fingers

Hearing the warning, Chenle immediately burst out of his room, along with everyone else in the gang as they all scrambled into the living room, some- like Jeno- breathing heavily as they dashed in from far within the seemingly endless house.

Rin, confused by the commotion, stumbled from her own room, and followed Jaemin, who was the first person she saw in the maze-like hall.

Winding up standing somewhere between a stressed-looking Chenle and a slightly panicked Jaemin, the girl's eyes darted between the two of them- contemplating the depth of this Taeyong's arrival.

Chenle was pacing like he was training for some type of speedy walkathon, massaging his temples to ease his headache, which Rin also felt. Jaemin was practically tearing out his hair as he glared, almost as if he were in shock, at the ground beneath his feet, mouth ajar as he gawked at oblivion.

"Uhm, what's happening?" Rin asked, feeling a prickle of anxiety creep through her stomach.

Jaemin glanced at her, his eyes subtly wide as if he had forgotten she had existed, before blatantly stuttering on his words.

"U-uh, Taeyong is like the guy who leads us, I guess," Jaemin explained, but Rin's eyebrows scrunched in confusion.

"I thought that was Chenle's job...?" She tentatively squeaked, eyes wandering towards her soulmate, who refused to meet her gaze, per usual.

"Yeah, Chenle's our boss, but Taeyong's in charge- like the boss's boss,"Jaemin elucidated, and Run hesitantly nodded. "Taeyong is the leader of NCT as a whole."

"NCT as a whole?"

"Yeah- I'll have Doyoung explain it later."

"Who's Doyoung?"

"I'll introduce you two later," Jaemin assured, an awkward chuckle escaping his lips. "I think you guys would really hit it off."

"What?" Chenle suddenly interjected, his feet ceasing movement for a moment.

After accidentally overhearing their conversation, the question escaped his lips before he could prevent it, leaving him to curse at his soulmate instincts that forced him to care.

"Oh, sorry, that's not what I-"

"Honestly, I don't really care so, please continue your conversation," Chenle saved, resuming his intense pacing.

I don't give two shits if they hit it off

Ripping his eyes off of the two, Chenle attempted to shake the thoughts from his mind and continued his quick walking to and fro, and watching the stressed action was rather stress inducing.

"Anyway, when Taeyong comes around, it means you either did something great, or something that totally flopped. Now, considering that our last task didn't go smoothly, we're probably about to get our asses whipped," Jaemin squealed in a frenzy, running a hand through his hair.

Stomach suddenly lurching in kidnapped worry, she nodded in acknowledgment, shooting Jaemin a slightly concerned glance.

"Jisung said he just left, right? Surely he wouldn't be here yet," Rin attempted to comfort, but Jaemin only vigorously shook his head.

"You don't know how Taeyong drives," Jaemin shivered, real terror infiltrating his eyes. "Our lives are at risk here, man."

Chenle's eyes suddenly twitched towards Rin at his words, and a languid sigh found its way from his throat, causing the boy to purse his lips together.

"You're not in the gang, so you don't have to be here for it," Chenle offered, although his eyes showed no emotion. "I would recommend laying low until he's gone."

Eyes shifting around for approval for her retreat from the other gang members, the girl pressed her lips into a thin line when Jaemin gave her a nod and a small smile, urging her to take Chenle's invitation.

-

Taeyong burst through the door without even knocking- he never did, some believe he doesn't know what knocking is- and immediately strut into the room, his deadly gaze taking over everyone.

Taeyong was either incredibly friendly, or malevolently sadistic, and lacked a middle ground between the two.

Judging by his brooding, almost demon-like gaze that immediately disregarding everything and everyone as a floccinaucinihilipilification, he wasn't in the affectionate mood.

A red wave of hair swept over the top of his head, and an eyebrow slit ran up his eyebrow, which accentuated the rose-like scar that was imprinted on his cheek just below his eye.

He strode into the room as if everything inside was an abomination, but he owned it all- including the humans that squirmed about that worms inside of the house he so confidently trespassed upon.

Swiftly halting in front of Chenle, the older male towered over the Chinese boy with his lips curled in slight, unprovoked disgust and blank, careless eyes. Gaze raking over Chenle, the man clicked his tongue, chewing on the inside of his gums while he thought.

Defiantly, yet languidly staring back, Chenle sighed in impatience and dread as he awaited his undoubtable penalty.

"Chenle," Taeyong greeted, his voice husky and bleak.

"Taeyong," He replied with a subtle nod, and Taeyong's eyes drifted away from him.

Feeling suddenly cold and empty, Chenle's gaze twitched towards the hallway where Rin had disappeared only moments ago before he quickly pulled his stare away, his fingers tugging on the sleeves of his hoodie in discomfort.

"Now I know you were looking forward to my punishment," Taeyong quipped, eyes disregarding everyone as his gaze jumped from head to head. "However, there are more pressing matters at hand."

I can't believe it's the forty-second update already