10 | awkward

I walked into the medical room and Youngbin was lying on one of the beds. I slowly approached him and he opened his eyes slightly. We accidentally made eye contact and Youngbin stood up immediately. He scratched his head and looked confused.

"y/n?" He asked and I smiled. I hid the strawberry milk at the back of me in my hand. I wanted it to be a surprise.

"Hi, Youngbin. Do you feel any better? " I asked and sat beside him.

He got really flustered and choked on his words. I've never seen a guy so flustered before. His face turned red and he kept touching his hair. It felt a bit awkward since we didn't really talk. It was too hard to even start the conversation.

"ummm, I brought something for you..." I said and showed him the strawberry milk.

"You didn't have to bring that for me..." Youngbin laughed awkwardly.

I gave him the strawberry milk but he didn't want to accept it. I held it in my hand.

"Should I poke the straw for you then? You seem dehydrated." I tried to make him drink the strawberry milk.

"The thing is....." He kept hesitating.

" You don't like strawberry milk?" I assumed and he denied it.

"You already drank this earlier?" I assumed again.

"The thing is.... that ...." He hesitated again.

"That?" I came closer and was anticipating for the answer.

"I'm actually allergic to strawberry milk.." Youngbin said and looked away.

"ooh, you should have just told me. I could have went to the cafeteria to buy you banana milk instead..." I laughed.

"sorry, I just didn't want to disappoint you." Youngbin said and laid back onto the bed.

"Let's go and buy banana milk instead. You're not allergic to that aren't you?" I waited for him in front of the door.

"You want me to go with you?" Youngbin was in disbelief.

"yes, it's my treat." I smiled and he came along with me.

We walked into the cafeteria and I saw Rowoon, Zuho and Chani, they were seating at a table a bit far away from the drinks area. I looked away pretending that I didn't know them because I didn't want to help Rowoon with his errands. They probably didn't notice me. On the other hand, I can't handle my expressions if i'm that near to CHANI.

I walked fast and totally forgot about Youngbin who was walking with me. He called my name and I came back to reality. I stopped and waited for him and we continued to buy the drinks.

"Thanks a lot y/n." Youngbin thanked me. I wasn't really paying attention as I was looking at the direction those 3 were sitting in case they see me and call for me.

"y/n?" Youngbin stood infront of me. I was surprised and looked away.

"do you have crush on one of them?" Youngbin asked. I tried to act cool and was like oh no I don't have a crush and uh I was just spying on that annoying guy that made me his errand girl but that was all in my thoughts. In reality I was actually flustered when I heard the word CRUSH. I stuttered and just smiled without saying anything to Youngbin. How could Youngbin ask me that? I thought he was some shy kid but I guess he's not.

"so is that a yes?" Youngbin questioned and continued sipping on his banana milk.

"yes. wait no. definitely no." I laughed awkwardly.

"haha. Let's go." I pulled Youngbin by his sleeve and dragged him out of the cafeteria.

We stopped in front of the library and I finally let go of Youngbin's sleeve. I faced Youngbin but Youngbin was too shy to look at me. Now the shy Youngbin is back. I glared at him but he didn't lift his head up.

"okay fine it's a yes." I said and finally Youngbin looked up and he was surprised.

"which one." Youngbin continued with his questions.

"guess and keep it to yourself. If you get it then don't tell anyone else. I don't want this to be the next gossip of the school." I held out my pinkie.

"PROMISE ME, KIM YOUNGBIN" We then intertwined our pinkies. We parted ways. Youngbin had to be in the library and I went back to class for extra classes.

Little did I know, my friendship with Youngbin actually grew stronger.

Date : xx February 2021

Today I made a mistake, I accidentally hit someone with the library door and it had to be that shy kid Kim Youngbin. I felt so sorry that I bought him some strawberry milk but to bad he was actually allergic to that. So we went to the cafeteria together and I bought him some banana milk instead and probs he enjoyed it. I also made a second mistake which is telling someone that I had a crush and I regret it, I feel like this is going to be the next gossip of our school. Especially if this goes to Aera then I'm super doomed.

Wait, I totally forgot to tell about what happened in the library earlier. I actually fell down and Rowoon was there but he didn't bother to help me. For some reason Rowoon actually helped me with something earlier, I'm slightly touched by his kindness. Before I forget there was something weird too, I felt my heart skipped a beat when Rowoon pulled me closer to him in the library. ERGH nevermind, I don't want to think about it.

At the end of the day, I became closer with Kim Youngbin the shy kid from my class.

AUTHOR'S NOTE :
- OMG SF9 4TH WIN ! SUMMER BREEZE 1ST WIN ! I'M SO HAPPY FOR MY BABIES, SO MIGHT AS WELL UPDATE A NEW CHAPTER HEHE :)