11 | preparations

I woke up to the sound of my alarm ringing. I opened my eyes slightly and got hold of my phone to off the alarm. I looked at the date 12 March 2021. It was finally sport's day! I shrugged and woke up from my bed immediately to get ready as I had to be at school on time. This past 3 weeks, my sports house and I were all busy with preparations for today. 

After I got ready, I rushed to pack the materials and decorations we need for our sports house. I ate breakfast really fast and headed to school. I went super early even Taeyang and Hwiyoung weren't ready yet. As the assistant captain of the sport's house, I need to be there really quick to sort out everything with the captain, Jaeyoon. 

I arrived at school and Jaeyoon was already there. I was relieved. Jaeyoon helped me with the materials and we headed into the music room. It was the place for meetings when we had sport's house meetings. This year our theme for sports day was flowers. I was definitely excited as this theme would look super pretty. 

When we arrived into the music room, I was shocked as I saw all the other sports house captains and assistants was there too. Even Sir Inseong was there with them. I guess I was a tinsy bit late. 

"why is everyone here too?" I asked Jaeyoon. 

"Since it's our last year in high school, we didn't really want to be so competitive and everyone is helping each other out." Jaeyoon smiled as he greeted everyone. 

"that's great, we have more teamwork!" I said enthusiastically and walked into the music room too. 

Dawon as the captain for the yellow team was already putting on the finishing touches on their flags as well as his assistant, one of my juniors was helping him out. On the other hand, Chani was there too, but weirdly he doesn't even have a position in our sport's house. 

" Kang Chani, do you need some help? " I smiled and sat beside him. He was busy painting our flower on one of our flags and signboard. 

Unfortunately, Chani didn't hear me because he was listening to music using his airpods. I lightly touched his shoulder and he looked at me. He took out his airpods and put down his paintbrush. 

" y/n? " Chani questioned. 

" do you need some help?" I pointed to the flag. 

"yes and I was waiting for you. " Chani laughed and handed me a paintbrush. I felt a sudden rush of happiness inside me. HE SAID HE WAS WAITING FOR ME. I giggled to myself. 

"do you think this looks good?" Chani asked and kept doubting his painting. 

" it's beautiful and let's get this done, we have at least an hour left." I cheered on. 

Taeyang on the other hand just arrived. Taeyang was in charge of being the photographer as well as some juniors in the photography club. 

" Y/N, WHY DIDN'T YOU WAIT FOR ME." Taeyang blurted. 

I laughed and continued to paint. 

"I'm doing something here. You should test your camera first in case there's any problems." I reminded Taeyang. 

"yes I should." He took out his camera and started to take some pictures and whatever he was doing with it. 

"How do I paint this part?" I asked Chani. Chani showed me how to do it but I still couldn't get it. 

"Here I'll show you again." Chani held my hand and guided the paintbrush that was in my hand to paint the flower petals. 

I turned red as Chani was holding my hand. He was explaining but I don't think I could concentrate anymore. I was too flustered, I think Chani didn't realise what he was doing. 

"got it y/n?" Chani smiled and let go of my hand. 

"y-yea." I laughed and tried to hide my face. 

"I can do it for you, if you still have problems with it." Chani then continued with his art. 

TIME SKIP 

We finally got onto the bus, we were heading to the stadium nearby. We were on the bus with the athletes, performers, marching parade members and committee members of every sports house. Taeyang, Jaeyoon, Dawon, Chani and I all sat near each other in the bus. Surprisingly, Rowoon was also in the same bus as us. I wonder what sports does he participate in. I didn't know what he was in because we're not in the same sports house. Oh yeah as well as Hwiyoung, he was also in the bus with us as he was one of the athletes too. 

" what sports does Rowoon play? " I asked Taeyang who was sitting beside me. 

"everything I guess. He seems like a guy who's really good in sports." Taeyang said as he kept on taking pictures of everyone in the bus. 

"hmmm. Stop wasting your storage in your camera." I slapped him on the shoulder lightly.  

"okay y/n. I was just checking if the settings are the right ones." Taeyang sighed and kept his camera. 

"I am so excited!" Dawon said we were already close to the stadium. 

My heart was trembling as I hoped all our teachers and sports house members would be proud of the materials we made and the decorations as well as the mascots clothes. For your information, I'm really nervous now because I was actually the mascot of my sports house. HOLD ON DON'T LAUGH AT ME OKAY. I'm not going to dress up as a flower, that would be embarrassing and I don't think I can sit in that costume. 

This year the mascot is a bit special as we need to showcase the beauty of the flowers that we chose. Such as the flowers could be decorated on your clothes, you could actually bring the real flower and make it as decorations on your clothes, or maybe decorating it in your hair, well that's what I was planning. So in conclusion it might turn out good or bad. We'll see. 

AUTHOR'S NOTE : 

I can't imagine y/n wearing a flower costume, she would look like a whole as gigantic flower walking around and that's just scary. Anyways you're probably wondering what Rowoon and Hwiyoung participated in.