12 | flowers

The feeling off nervousness appeared in me and my heart was beating really fast. I was currently in the changing room at the back of the stadium. I looked at myself in the mirror and oh well I didn't think I looked that great. My team mates were all waiting at the room beside my changing room which was where we needed to put on decorations for the marching band, mascot which was me and the athletes, to showcase our creativity and flowers.

I stepped out of the changing room and headed to the room beside for a makeover from one of my teammates. I felt so embarrassed as this was my first time to stand in front of a large audience. I was really nervous. I sat at a chair so that they could do my make-up and Chani came in at the same time with some flowers in his hand.

Chani approached me and started to decorate my hair with our flower that we chose which is the Cosmos flower. The Cosmos flower symbolizes peace and modesty just like what our team wants, we want peace and no fights for the first place. We just want to have fun.

"relax y/n, I'm the other mascot too you know

"relax y/n, I'm the other mascot too you know." Chani laughed as he was busy with my hair.

I looked into the mirror and saw Chani's face, he looked relaxed. I actually didn't know that Chani had to be the other mascot as the original mascot could not attend today. I smiled too as soon as I saw his smiling face. I felt a bit relaxed but still nervous.

On the other hand, the yellow team picked Marigold as their flower which symbolizes passion just like their leader, Dawon who was passionate in winning and having fun of course.

The red team picked Alstroemeria as their flower which symbolizes friendship and mutual support, which probably means like they want to compete but still be friends in the ending than becoming enemies

Lastly, the blue team picked Iris as their flower which symbolizes faith and hope, they're hoping to win this year as well

» all pictures are from google «

AUTHOR'S NOTE :

here is the list of which member are in what teams :

- PURPLE TEAM : y/n, Chani, Jaeyoon

- YELLOW TEAM : Dawon, Zuho

- RED TEAM : Taeyang, Youngbin, Hwiyoung

- BLUE TEAM : Rowoon, Aera

- oh well sir Inseong is with the Blue team.

I heard the teacher asking the students to all be seated at their seats as the ceremony was going to start. I felt even more nervous, my hands were sweaty. I took one last look at myself in the mirror just to make sure everything was looking fine and Chani checked himself too. I made sure the marching band was also ready as well as the athletes, everything looked fine. I was happy with the decoration.

The opening ceremony ended with the headmaster giving an opening speech and now the marching bands were suppose to enter. It started with the red team, followed by the yellow and blue team and finally it was our team. I planted a smile on my face and I thought everything would turn out bad but I actually was smiling brightly once I saw the crowd. I even spotted Taeyang who was taking our pictures.

"y/n ! Chani ! Look here !" Taeyang signalled and we both looked at him at the same time and Taeyang snapped the photo. We weren't even ready, I would have looked bad in it. I'll delete it later, I thought to myself and continued with the marching.

While we were standing in line, I saw Rowoon from a far, I wanted to ask him which sport he was going to participate in. I actually didn't want to know but I was really curious. I nudged Chani's shoulder and asked him instead.

" hey, you're close to Rowoon right? Which sport is he participating in?" I asked.

"yea I'm close to him but I have no idea." Chani giggled. Omg Chani is useless haha.

The first round of sports day was going to start and the participants of each house were called out to get ready at their positions. Exactly what you were thinking, the first round is running. The category was 100m running for guys. I sat at the front row of the stadium just to get a good look at who was participating as well as to help Taeyang to take pictures. Well, he brought an extra camera, so I could be one of the photographers too.

I saw Hwiyoung and Jaeyoon. They were lined up beside each other and I was feeling super anxious. I didn't even know if I should cheer for Jaeyoon which was representing my house or cheer for Hwiyoung, my bestie.

"so he's participating in all the running categories?" Taeyang questioned.

"who?"

"Rowoon." Taeyang pointed.

I just realized that Rowoon was there too, he's going to run? AMAZING.

"y/n, come here. We need to get shots of them running, just take multiple shots and we can check through them later." Taeyang was ready with his finger above the shutter button.

I felt like a fansite trying to take pictures of my idols. I slightly giggled and focused the camera on them. The sound of the horn was heard that means they have started running. I pressed the shutter button continuosly and cheered for both Jaeyoon and Hwiyoung. The race ended in just 15 seconds, 15 seconds of nervousness of who would pass the finishing line first.

In the end, Rowoon won. He was super fast, I was in awe looking at him run a second ago.

"y/n, let me see the pictures you took." Taeyang held his hand out to reach for the camera that was in my hand.

"y/n, why did you just take pictures of Seokwoo!" Taeyang blurted out but I didn't notice it.

AUTHOR'S NOTE :

it's okay y/n, we're all whipped for Rowoon as well haha. Lately, I've been really interested in flowers, i have no idea why ?