•|Green Eyes, Unseen Lies|•

Wednesday, 31st October 1981

Samhain

On this eerie night, an uninvited guest stepped foot on Godric's Hollow. To stop his downfall, Voldemort was determined to kill his sworn defeater tonight. This is it. The address of the Potters. Shame that their secret keeper isn't as secretive as they thought.

With magic, he blasted the entrance of the Potters (because he always had a flare for dramatics).
"Li.. Lily! He's here! Get Henry and Harry! Run! I'll hold him back!" a frantic James shouted. Taking advantage of James' panic state, Voldemort cast a stunning spell. With a thud, James who was frantic became quiet, now laying on the ground unconscious.

Meanwhile, Lily started running towards the nursery to keep her children save. Just as she reached the door, footsteps started getting louder, indicating that the Dark Lord is near. Lily quickly went inside moving towards her twins, who were now wide awake in their cribs.

At that very moment, the Dark Lord's cackling could be heard,
"Step aside, I only need the kid."
"No! Never!" Lily cried protectively, "Stupefy!"
But it was too hastily cast.
Voldemort laughed while stunning the mother. He walked towards the crib, where two boys stared at him in shock. One have beautiful chocolate brown eyes, while the other have mesmerising green eyes. He knew it was one of them. But who? Just then one of them panicked, causing a burst of accidental magic to appear.
"Now, who was it?" he thought.
The boy with the green eyes glared at him while the ground started to grumble. The Dark Lord grinned. This is the one, he could feel it. Such immense power even as a baby.
"Avada Kedavra!"
The spell hit the green-eyed baby, and immediately bounced back to the caster causing the window to break from impact. Wide eyed, the Dark Lord turned into dust. Leaving a crying brown-eyed boy, whose chin now has a lightning bolt shaped scar from a shard of window glass. And a now sleeping green-eyed child with a red burning scar on his forehead similar to his twin's.

James was first to gain consciousness and immediately ran into the room that was once a beautiful nursery, only to be greeted by his wife's limp body. He muttered a spell and Lily woke. They both hurriedly went to the crib.
"He.. He's dead," Lily wavered.
"Look! His chin," James said.
"So it's Henry then."
"We need to see Dumbledore, he is leading the Light after all."
Lily nodded and they hastily took their robes to visit Dumbledore.

>>>>>¤<<<<<

Albus was thinking about the prophesy absently when a knock on his door woke him up from his day dream. He walked and opened the door to be greeted by a family.
"To what did I owe you this pleasure?" Albus twinkled.
"You-Know-Who. He visited. He's dead," James interrupted.
Shock could clearly be seen on this old man's features.

A few minutes later they settled in with a nice warm cup of calming tea.
"So... Henry is The Chosen One," Dumbledore started.
"Yes, just as you predicted," James agreed.
"But James, little Harry also has a scar on his forehead," Lily worriedly said.
"Now, my dear Lily, you see, unlike Harry here, Henry is still awake and fine, Harry on the other hand is unconscious. So Henry is the one who defeated him," Albus explained.
They sat there in utter silence. Shocked by what just happened.

Albus broke the silence. After long thought he knew this was the right decision. It will surely benefit him. If there is only one Potter child in the spotlight, it will be easier to take credit for being the saviour.
"I suggest you focus more on Henry and train him, his life is in grave danger now. Voldemort would surely come back for revenge as Henry was the one who destroyed him," Dumbledore suggested, as his eyes glinted.
"What about Harry then?" Lily asked protectively.
"Ah... Harry. He would only be a distraction to Henry. I believe that as he grow older, he will also want the fame and attention Henry is receiving and will be jealous. I can only say to not spoil him. In that way he will then learn humility and not envy his brother's achievements. After all, not much will be sacrificed, if Voldemort chose Henry over Harry it must have meant that Harry have a weak magical core."
"I... I understand," James replied.

With that, the destiny of Harry James Potter and Henry Charlus Potter is set. But is it? Will Albus Dumbledore get what he wanted? Will this decision be the biggest mistake the Wizarding World have done up to now?