•|Thanks Hermione!|•

Harry barged into their shared dormitory, but he could not find Draco. His two snakes were on his bed.
"Hey Mavka, Lorcan, have you seen Draco?" Harry asked.
"Who?" Lorcan questioned.
"I think Harry meant the BB, Lory!" Mavka said.
"The what now?" Harry inquired.
"The blond bitch, duh. Well, because of his sour mood these days, he has been very irritating," Lorcan explained.
"I saw him going to the toilet just a few minutes ago," Mavka informed.
"Oh, ok, thank you!" Harry thanked.
"Yeah! You should thank me for being amazing!" Mavka boasted.
Lorcan grumbled in an annoyed tone.

>>>>>¤<<<<<

Harry went in the shared bathroom, and sure enough, one of the toilet is occupied. Harry knocked on the door.
"Who's that?" Draco mumbled.
"Draco, I-" Harry started.
"Are you kidding me? Go away!"
"Please! Just listen to me Draco!"
"Why should I?"
"Stop making it hard! I want to apologise! Merlin's beard!"
"Fine! Just stop shouting at me! I don't want to argue with someone when I'm shitting!"

(After Draco finished 💩, Harry ranted and apologised for his dumb actions, and I ain't writing it down because I suck at apologies :D!)

"Fine! It's been quite lonely without a blubbering airhead as a friend anyways," Draco pouted, crossing his arms.
Harry jumped right at Draco and engulfed him in a hug. Draco's stiff posture visibly relaxed. He sighed and hugged Harry back.

"So, what are you doing these days. You seem to never want to tell me anything," Draco mumbled on Harry's shoulder.
Harry hesitated, "Sorry Draco, I can't tell you."

It would be better if people around him knew less. It is a highly risky plan, and he would not want a lot of people involved in it.

>>>>>¤<<<<<

"Hey, Myrtle!" Harry addressed.
"Hi Harry, it's been a while," Myrtle smiled.
"Yes," Harry said, "I'm going to let the basilisk out for a while, Myrtle. I hope you don't mind."
"No, of course not!" Myrtle assured happily, going to one of the stalls.

Harry summoned the snake, and climbed back to the bathroom. He heard a whimper, and turned his back. Hermione Granger. She tried to creep out, but he had been spotted her.

"Stop right there," Harry commanded.
She froze at the sound, and trembled, "I... is that the thing that has been petrifying everyone?"
No answer.
"And you opened the Chamber of Secrets didn't you? You caused all this petrification!"
Harry sighed, "No."

Hermione Granger tilted her head down towards the puddle of the floor. Flinching from the sudden voice.
"What do you mean "no"? How could you? Just because they are... are muggleborns you decided to petrify them!" Hermione argued.
"It's not me who did the petrifications, Granger."
"I don't trust you, Potter! I will tell Dumbledore, and you will be expelled! Maybe you will be locked up in Azkaban for this!"

Harry smirked, and circled Hermione. He stopped behind her.
"I dare you," He smirked.

Hermione saw a figure appearing behind her through the reflection on the puddle. Big yellow eyes.

Harry would be more than happy to kill her right then and there. But he would not want Hogwarts to shut down now, would he? Especially since Myrtle had died at the very same bathroom, another student dying here would lead to a full investigation. Meaning he would not be able to access the Chamber for maybe the rest of his time at Hogwarts.

"Come," Harry hissed.

The snake followed Harry using the pipes to the Forbidden Forest. Harry waited outside, when the basilisk went hunting. After the snake is contented, they went back to the bathroom, and Harry closed the Chamber of Secrets.

>>>>>¤<<<<<

"Another student has been petrified and it's a Gryffindor!" Percy Weasley announced to the occupants of the Gryffindor common room. After the prefects, headboy and headgirl explained new precautions, they were dismissed.

Henry and Ron stayed behind, and faced Percy. They noticed the absence of their female friend.
"Who was petrified?" Ron gulped, hoping it was not who they thought it was.
His older brother answered, "Hermione Granger, she was found in Myrtle's bathroom."

At that moment, Professor Mcgonagall came in and asked for the two boys.

"Are we in trouble?" Henry gulped.
"Mr Potter, Mr Weasley, you don't have to worry," Professor Mcgonagall said. They were walking to the headmaster office. Mcgonagall muttered the password, and all teachers were there, even James.

"Hello boys, come have a seat," Albus offered warmly.
"What's wrong professor?" Ron asked.
"Now, I know this is a hard time for both of you as Ms Granger is petrified," Dumbledore symphatised, "but we must ask you some questions."
"And... what is those questions, professor?" Henry inquired.
"Well, when we found Ms Granger, she was petrified in Myrtle's bathroom. This is quite unusual as we know no one goes there anymore. We asked Myrtle a few questions, and the answers we got were... surprising," Albus explained.

The boys looked at each other, and back to Dumbledore who is sitting opposite them.
"She said that the three of you has been spending a lot of time in that bathroom since before Christmas break. May I know why?" Dumbledore continued.
"Well, professor-" Ron yelped, Henry stepped on his foot.
"I think Myrtle mistook someone else as us," Henry stepped in.
"Mr Potter, I would like to hear Mr Weasley's explanation," Mcgonagall sternly said.
Henry glared at Ron.
Ron, still flustered admitted all their plans and also the Polyjuice brewing, until they reached the dungeons...
"So what happened when you reach the entrance, Mr Weasley?" Mcgonagall inquired.
"We... I..." Ron mumbled, deep in thought, "I... I forgot."
"Wait, what did we do? How come I have no recollection of entering the Slytherin common room? I remembered standing in front of the entrance," Harry panicked.

This all seems suspicious, but there are no proofs and they have no one to blame.
"I'm sorry boys, but for sneaking into the restricted section and stealing ingredients just to interview the Slytherins, you have broken at least fifty rules. You will have detention for the rest of the school year." Dumbledore informed gravely.
He had to do this. All the teachers are present. It would make them question his authority if he did not give them any form of punishment.

"Will... will Hermione, you know, ever wake up?" Ron asked Dumbledore worriedly.
Dumbledore smiled and assured him, "Yes Mr Weasley, when the Mandrakes are ready, the petrified students will be cured."
Ron let out a relieved sigh.
"Thanks Hermione," Henry grumbled lowly when they exited the room.
He rolled his eyes. Detention. For the rest of the year!