•|Birthday Gift|•

5 years later

Potter Manor

  Years passed quickly. Harry and Henry has just received their letter. It is their birthday, or to the Potters, Henry's birthday. They ignored Harry and gushed as their beloved saviour son received his owl.
"Mum! Let's go to Diagon Alley! I can't wait to get my school supplies! Plus, Ron promised to meet me there today," Henry gushed.

  Harry took his letter and silently walk towards his room. Since he found out about the truth, he become even more bitter than before. To relieve his mind from the memories, he drowned himself in books. That way he would be doing something useful and educating. He is always found reading books which are advanced for his age group. To say he was not excited to go to Hogwarts is a lie. He finally see a chance to prove himself and escape fron this wretched place.

  Harry is very different from his family. His stature and attitude especially. He represent a charming, mature heir any family would ever want. His parents do not appreciate it though. The only person who is kind to him is his godfather, Sirius Black.

>>>>>¤<<<<<

/Flashback/

  Sirius Black stared at Harry weirdly for over an hour already. Harry, feeling eyes on him, felt very uneasy. He was forced to be there as they were celebrating Henry's tenth birthday. When everyone was distracted, Sirius walk pass Harry, sliping a note.
'Meet me at the garden.'

  Harry, being curious from the request, slowly crept away from the party and head to the garden. Sirius was waiting there leaning against a lamp pole.

  "Un... Uncle Sirius?" Harry stuttered.
"Harry, I have a request. I, to be honest, have been observing you for quite some time, which is kind of creepy now that I said it. I realised that you are not what your parents or Dumbledore deemed to be. I believe that you are a special wizard," Sirius explained while chuckling, gripping Harry's hands in his bigger ones, "I do not have an heir, and the ancient house of Black needs one as I am their last descendant. So Harry, what do you think about being my heir? Do not tell James or Lily, I am doing this behind their backs. James was sure I would ask Henry."
"I... I don't know what to say," Harry admitted.
Sirius frowned thinking his offer was rejected, only to be crashed by Harry's hug.
"Thank you so much Uncle Sirius! This means so much to me!" Harry cried, being genuinely happy for once.
"Great! Once you turn eleven, come meet me in Gringotts. Remember! Be careful and do not let anyone know about this. And also, I would love to blood adopt you, I mean... if you're okay with it."
Harry enthusiastically nodded his head.

>>>>>¤<<<<<

  He snapped back to reality when a house elf popped in his room. Turns out Henry just couldn't wait to visit Diagon Alley, and the Potters have to go now. Harry wore his sacramento green wool cloak with a gold chain brooch fastened on his cloak. He is very fond of this brooch. Sirius gifted it to him last christmas. On the brooch's surface, was a small Black family crest engraved.
"This is a promise gift for you, Harry," he remembered Sirius say.

  He could not use it before, all he could do is admire the first gift he have ever received. But today he is going to wear it. As he do not want his father to know about Sirius offering him heirship, Harry cast a glamour wandlessly over the crest and quickly head to the living room.

  He immediately dread this trip when he heard his brother whining about some stupid stuff. Entering the room, he was welcomed with an oh so welcoming sneer from no other than his 'family'. They were all wearing matching maroon cloaks.
"What took you so long you ungrateful brat?" James scorned, inspecting Harry from head to toe.
"Father, why is he wearing a green cloak? My reputation is in line, people might now assume that I am related to a dark wizard, it's the colour of that slimy house!" Henry ranted.
"Harry, Henry is right. Why do you think it's a good idea to wear green? Go change to maroon, so we would all match. After all, the press would be there and you will stick out like a sore thumb wearing those hideous colour," Lily remarked.

  Harry rolled his eyes and charmed his cloaks to maroon. Earning gapes from the trio.
"What the hell are you doing?" James growled.
"Changing it to suit your atrocious taste in colour," Harry retorted.
"Why, you-"
As James was about to scold Harry, Lily placed a hand on James' shoulder.
"I don't think scolding him now will do any good," Lily stated, "We will soon be seen by the public."
"Fine! But just you wait Harry James Potter! You better behave, and don't expect no punishments after this trip!" James boomed.
"Come here, Harry. We are apparating," Lily gestured for Harry to grab her hand.
He grudgingly took it, hating the physical contact he once yearned for.

>>>>>¤<<<<<

Diagon Alley

  They landed right in front of Gringotts. People noticed the Potters and start swarming them, especially Henry. People gushed at their saviour, thanking him for banishing the Dark Lord. Henry just smiled and waved at them, obviously enjoying the attention. Harry just rolled his eyes. The crowd started getting bigger and he was pushed aside, not that he was complaining. He sees this as an opportunity to sneak out of his parents' sight, and meet Sirius as planned. He removed the glamour now that he is out of his parents' sight.

  Not long after, he saw the familiar figure smiling at him. Harry darted towards Sirius, eager to finally meet him after quite a long time.
"Hey pup, long time no see," Sirius cheerfully said.
"Yes, it's been long," Harry agreed, happiness could be seen on his face, "I missed you."
"Me too pup, me too. Let's head in before your parents caught us," Sirius joked.
Harry and Sirius walked side by side into Gringotts.
"Hello, I would like to ask for a blood adoption and inheritance test for Harry Potter, please," Sirius politely asked one of the goblins.
"Ragnok!" the goblin shouted.

  They walked for a few minutes before arriving infront of a doorway.
"If you may," Ragnok croaked, gesturing them to get in.
Once they were seated, the goblin took out a silver bowl and a dagger, indicating Harry and Sirius to each drop three drops of blood in it. The goblin chanted some ancient script while doing Merlin knows what (I'm too lazy to describe the blood adoption). It ended with Harry and Sirius saying their vows. Harry physically changed a little bit. His hair is now curly and grew to his shoulder, while still maintaining its black colour. His features became more prominent and sharp. He now look like a mixture of Lily,  James and Sirius. But nothing too contrasting from his original features.

  The goblin then took out a parchment, indicating Harry to do the same thing again. After three drops of blood, words starts appearing on the surface. They inspect the test results. Nothing out of the usual, until the Gaunt line was spotted as well as the Slytherin line.
"Wait, it couldn't be," Sirius remarked, "How could you be the heir of the Gaunt and Slytherin? As I remember, James nor Lily had any relation to them."
Harry just starred at Sirius, with also a confused look. The goblin excused himself, and came back with four heirship rings. The Potter, Black, Slytherin and Gaunt crest are imbedded on the rings. Harry inserted the rings onto his fingers randomly, and it magically resized to fit Harry.
They thanked the goblins respectfully and exit the bank.

  "So... does that mean you're my father now?" Harry shyly questioned.
"Yes Harry, no pressure though, you can still call me uncle Sirius if you feel uncomfortable calling me father," Sirius fondly answered.
Before Harry could reply, he  spotted a fuming James coming towards them.
"Explain! Where were you, and why the hell do you look different? What are you doing with Sirius? We have to come up with a hell ton of excuse for the press about why you aren't with us!" James scolded.
Harry looked at Sirius for confirmation, only to be replied with a nod.
"Sirius and I went to Gringotts," Harry mumbled, "He gave me the Black's heirship by blood adoption."
Everything was silent then. All he could see was how James was fuming.
"Father-" Harry hesitated.
James' hand collided with Harry's cheek before he could finish the sentence. He grasped his now stinging cheek in reflex.
"Lily, continue getting Henry and this kid's supply," James murmured darkly.
Onlookers stared curiously at the commotion between the family. James glared at Sirius before harshly grabbing Harry's arm and apparting to the manor.

>>>>>¤<<<<<

Potter Manor

  As the two Potters arrived, Harry's other cheek met James' hand. James was mad, very mad. The maddest Harry had seen him. He then scolded Harry on how he's just taking Henry's opportunities. He even said that Harry was a wretched human for manipulating Sirius. To say Harry was not scared was a lie. James raised his hand again, and Harry flinched.

  He dragged a panicking Harry by the collar, while the child struggled to breathe. He threw Harry into a room and conjured a cane. Hitting him over and over again, while Harry screamed in agony. He heard footsteps, indicating the rest were home. He tried screaming for help. Desperate to get out of his father's grasp.
"That isn't going to work," James sneered maliciously, "I placed silencing charms. Even if you shout until you go mute, no one's going to come and save you. Be grateful, this is my gift for you!"
Harry could just whimper hoping this will end soon. More bruises starts forming as each second pass by. After what felt like hours, James left the roon with a sharp bang on the door, glaring towards Harry's bloodied and beaten body.

  That is how Harry celebrated his eleventh birthday. Left alone after being beaten, crying himself to sleep on the cold, bloody floor.