Chapter 42: Best + Bitter = Better

*Kitchen*

"Are you alright?" Sol took Wenhan by surprise as she suddenly appeared by his side in the kitchen.

He took the last sip of his water, and whipped his mouth with a small cough as he had almost choked due to surprise, "Yeah I'm fine, why?" He nodded his head to see more convincing.

"You seem a bit absent minded and silent," Sol shrugged, clearly able to tell that he was actually lying, "If there's anything going on, we can talk. There's no one who will bother us here anyway."

Wenhan immediately shook. "No, it's nothing. Don't worry cupcake." He brushed passed her but Sol wouldn't be Sol if she didn't get him to open up.

"You're not okay," Sol grabbed his arm and forced him to sit down on the sofa, "If it uncomfortable for you to talk to me, pretend as if your talking to yourself."

Wenhan opened his mouth to protest, but something in Sols gaze told him she wanted no more lies from him, and closed his mouth accepting his fate.

"Just pretend I'm not here and talk," Sol told Wenhan as she rested her back against his and patiently waited for him to start talking.

For a second Sol believed he would just get up abs leave but then he let out a deep sigh and rested his head back against her shoulder.

"It's nothing big but mom hasn't been feeling well as of lately and she's been having difficulties managing the shop," Wenhan started his story and Sol had to bite her lip to prevent herself from screaming questions at him, he would definitely stop taking then, "I'm feeling like I'm extra weight to her and...I was wondering wether I should skip school the last few weeks and help her out...until she has regained strength a bit..."

When the time prolonged Sol knew it was her time to ask questions, "What... about your dad?" She put forward carefully as his father had never been in the picture ever since she knew him.

Wenhan slightly stiffened up and Sol expected him to push her away but instead he said, "Ah right, you don't know. My dad passed away when I was 5. Ever since my mom has brought me up and she never re-married."

Sol took in that new info with a heavy heart, and really wanted to turn around and hug him tightly, "Then, do you think she'll be happy if you skip school for her?"

"No, at most she'll worry even more and get stressed."

"Exactly, so try relying on us a bit more too and look for reasonable solutions," Sol turned around and wrapped her arms around him from behind, "I could work more hours and the lot out there probably wouldn't mind lending a hand. I think Jungah's older brother could help out with accounting. It's just temporary right."

"But al of them are busy as it is, I can't burden them even more," Wenhan shook his head as he sunk back in her embrace, "I should do this myself."

"No." Sol stated firmly as she rested her head against his, "This is what friends are for, we are not only there for the happy times. So stop being stubborn and rely a bit more on us, will you?!"

"But you're not my friend," Wenhans firm denial shocked Sol, and she felt a sting in her heart as he unwrapped her arms and turned around to look at her.

"Th-that's fine, but you get the gist of what I'm saying right?" Sol stammered as she looked away to mask her hurt, yet he lifted her face by her chin and stated softly, "You're more than a friend to me Solhyun... you know that right?"

* Garden *

"Say, which picture is the best?" Seungyoun asked as he leaned his head in Mins shoulder, "I wan't to post something to celebrate today's win."