four

Artist Sincere DuBois

"I'm not tryna pressure you, just can't stop thinkin' bout chu. You ain't even really got to be my boyfriend." She cooed from the front seat.

I tucked my lips into my mouth before speaking. "You know what this song about?" I asked her.

"Ion sing songs wit' out knowin' the meanin'." She claimed and I looked at her.

You's a got damn lie.

"Aight." I looked back down at my phone, texting Myra.

You told me that a couple days ago

Ima come thru, I promise
I need you to hook my lil bro up

That's cool

"Why you think Ion know the struggle?" she turned the radio down a little, to where we could hear the song change to some other shit I didn't know.

I shrugged. "You'on look like you do. You look... innocent. You'on be round the hood like that."

"Mmm."

"What," I smirked, looking at her from the backseat in the mirror. "You do?"

"And if I did that ain't cho business," she paused and turned in her seat to look at me. "I stay in Palisades now."

"What that mean?"

"It mean sittin' outside a trap house don't bother me."

"Mm." I nodded. "You still need to keep yo ass from round here. What? You want a cookie?"

Ignoring me, she twisted back in her seat and turned her music back up, bobbing her head as she rapped along. "Got on yo' bodysuit, you know I'm on yo' ass today, would you let me hit it thrice if I asked today?"

"What's this song?" I asked, just to make conversation.

For whatever reason, she seemed like she had a attitude, getting defensive, always having a comeback for shit, but I ain't mind. I kinda liked that shit if we being real.

"It's called Pretty Lil Fears. By J. Cole and 6LACK."

"You talkin' bout a real rapper name Black or that 6-lack nigga?" I asked.

"His name is Black, it's just spelt like that."

"He need to learn how to spell." I grumbled.

"Why?" She quipped. "For simple Simon niggas like you that can't tell the 6 'posed to be a lower case "b"?"

"Why I gotta be a simple Simon?" I asked her, sitting up and trying to stretch my legs out in her sister's small ass car. "I ain't called you no disrespectful shit, yet."

"Yet?" She exclaimed, twisting in her seat again, letting me see her pretty, makeup free face. When I didn't say nothing, she turned back around. "I ain't mean it like that."

Sure.

"You listen to artists like him?" She asked after a short while.