eighteen

Evre Janelle Lennox

December 22, 2019

"It's not that we don't trust you sis, we just want chu to be careful." Jaide explained to me as me, her, Justyce, and Destiny walked back to their Mercedes.

"Yeah," I nodded, opening the back door and sliding in, all the way over so Destiny could get in after me. "I got it."

After Destiny, Justyce and Jaide climbed in, closing their doors, Justyce used the push-to-start to start the engine.

Destiny's big mouth ass had fucked around and told them I was fucking with somebody. She didn't tell them who it was—which I gladly appreciated, but still. I should have known her no water holding ass would slip up at some point.

It had been a total of nineteen days since Artist and I last talked, and I was feeling a little down about it. Honestly, my feelings were hurt that he didn't hit me up first, but I refused to do the same for him, so I guessed we would just be in a stand off until his stubborn ass decided to pick up the phone and make shit right.

He'd better hurry the fuck up too, a bitch was tired of listening to Fantasia, Chrisette Michele and Mary J.

I didn't understand what the big deal was.

I had already forgiven him in my mind, was that my fault he didn't hear the shit? Or was he still mad at me for copping an attitude over some shit he caused?

At this point, I was ready to break up with his ass for real.

It was uneventful and repetitive, but life was way more calm before we decided to be the couple Wale talked about in his song. This keeping it on the low shit was really starting to be a little too much for me, but I didn't plan on letting nobody know shit for a long ass time.

Anyway, after finding out that I was fucking with somebody—who was nameless to them—Justyce and Jaide demanded they take me to go and be put on birth control, even after I told them that "dude" and I had done absolutely nothing sexual except for kissing and a lil bit of head.

I lost my virginity at 13—unfortunately—but my family had no idea, that was another thing I didn't plan on telling them. Truthfully, I should have been on birth control, so I really wasn't tripping on the shit now, I just hoped this shit didn't fuck around and blow my cover. If my daddy found out I was on birth control, he would fuck around and choke the shit outta me, and then kill any boy with the random ass name I would blurt out when the time came.

Because Artist was Heir's friend, I didn't plan on telling anybody else—including Lauren and Amour—out of respect for my brother, when I got my nerves in check, he would be the first to know.

And I for damn sure wasn't telling my daddy I was fucking with somebody so close to the family, or a nigga in general. I was in too deep now. I would never hear the end of it if he found out I was keeping secrets.

"Where y'all at?" His voice rang through the car's speakers.

"Out minding our business." Justyce responded. Justyce was my daddy's first girl, so she was able to talk to him like that and not hear his mouth or anything.

My daddy made differences out of all of his girls, all of his kids to be completely honest—but he wasn't ready for that conversation.