ten

DISCLAIMER/DEDICATION: im really up to 400+ views & 50+ votes! Y'all don't understand how much of an achievement this is for me! Thank you so much🥰.

• • • • •

Evre Janelle Lennox

November, 2019|Thanksgiving Break

Like most girls my age, my momma was my best friend.

Literally.

She was like the sister I never had to ask for cause she was always there. Ready to pull up anytime I needed her. From the time I was 6—when her and my daddy got divorced and she moved us to Oakland—all the way up to now I always had her by my side. We'd been through so much together; death, homelessness, touch-and-go situations and much more. It didn't make sense for us to be anything other than close.

My momma was my rock, for real.

"Mommy!" I squealed, rubbing up to her as she stepped out of her gold Hyundai Santa Fe.

Like usual, she had her hair up in shoulder-length twists with some light and regular brown strands mixed in between. It was a professional look and I liked it on her.

When I ran up and hugged her, she threw her head back in laughter. "You sixteen years old and still calling me mommy?" She asked. "You need to grow up." She opened up the back door for me and closed it, then we both climbed into the front seats.

"So I can't call you mommy no more, cause somebody else do it?" I tittered, referring to my five year old baby sister. "I feel like you replacin' me."

She looked my way, turning on the radio, and we bobbed our heads to Jaheim's "Put That Woman First" as she maneuvered towards the freeway.

"Girl can't nobody replace you. Yo' bad ass was my first trial run." She said.

I blinked once. "Ma- bye." I dismissed her, looking down at my phone that had been buzzing nonstop since I landed.

My Lil Secret🥰

You landed safe?

Yeah I'm good😘😘

Missin u already

I miss you too🥰😭can't wait til I see you again

"Yeah, bye." She agreed, giving me a look. "You been messin' wit any niggas out there yet?"

"Mama!" I made a face.

"What?" She made a face of her own. "You pretty." She shrugged. "Niggas like pretty." With my bottom lip poked out some, I nodded my head, taking in the information. "So are you?" She asked again.

"Some' like that." I responded with a shrug. "It's a complicated situation."

"Hit me." She turned down the radio.

That was my momma, she was always down to listen, sometimes to give advice. Especially if it was juicy.

"Ok," I ran it down to her. "We been talkin' since August, and I haven't let nobody know, we haven't really let nobody know."

"What that mean?"

"It mean, we ain't really told nobody what's been goin' on. So, we been doin' a lotta sneakin' around."

She raised a brow. "What's "sneakin' around"?"

"Nah, nah," I shook my head and furrowed my eyebrows. "Not like that, I been over his house a few times, we kissed," I shrugged. "That's about it."

"Why you don't wanna tell nobody?"

"Cause I feel like it'd fuck a lotta things up if I do. For me and him." 

"As in..." she waved her hand, motioning for me to continue.

I scratch the back of my head. "He like Heir's bestfriend, and I think him and my daddy got some type a "mentor/mentee" situation."

"Ohh," my momma said, nodding. "Yup. That's complicated, for damn sure."

"In my defense tho', I ain't really pay attention to it when we first start talking."

"But even when you found out, you still went along wit it, right? Baby ain't nothin' wrong wit' finding a connection wit' somebody and actin' on it, and when the shit come out, don't let nobody tell yo' ass otherwise... especially yo' dumb ass daddy. Fuck him and how he feel."

"Oh- oh." I nodded. I knew the shit was gonna come out at some point in time. I figured my daddy was gonna have a lot to say, but I didn't plan on letting him make me feel any different about me and Artist's relationship.

At the same time, I didn't plan on going the "fuck you and how you feel" route either.

I guess that road would be crossed when we came to it.

"Why y'all haven't told Heir? He been cool wit' chall not tellin' Heir?"

I shook my head. "He won't to. But at the same time he said he'on wanna rush it, so he was waitin' for me to give a go ahead. I'on know how Heir gone take it, so..." I scratched at the back of my head. "I'on really wanna tell him."

"Y'all gone need to tell him soon," she nodded. "Don't keep it from him. Y'all the only two outta all yo' daddy kids that's really close, so you keepin' some shit from him for so long gone look suspect. I ain't sayin' y'all gotta do it today." She said. "But get on that, as soon as you can." She advised, switching lanes.

• • • • •
Thank you for reading😘
Remember to vote & comment!

• • • • •

Shay Marie Carson
Age, 37

Shay Marie Carson Age, 37