twenty-eight

Evre Janelle Lennox

(Imma just apologize in advance y'all. I'm not really good @ these things but I tried😗.)

"Have y'all came up with any names yet?" I asked, looking over at Amour as we walked from inside the doctor's office. She had just finished her second prenatal visit—she was officially two months today, and it was officially a couple days before my seventeenth birthday.

She shrugged. "We been throwin' shit around, but we ain't wanted to really set nothin' in stone before we figured out exactly what the gender is."

"Y'all don't wanna be surprised?" I heard that was usual for new parents. I didn't think they wanted to know everything straight up.

Amour shook her head. "Hell nah. I gotta know everything." She replied. "I wanna be as prepared as possible."

I nodded, standing by her as she set up another appointment a month from now. Even though their circumstances were a little unorthodox, I still admired both Andre and Amour for the steps they were taking to get ready for the baby.

They had both really matured and stepped up to the plate to give their child everything they would need. Baby Nameless would have no worries when he or she got here.

"You outta here?" Amour asked when we got to the parking lot. Since Andre had a few corners to turn and her momma had to work, I decided to accompany her to appointment.

Now I had to head to Fontana in order to make mine. A hair appointment for my birthday.

"Yeah." I nodded, making my way over to my daddy's Mercedes that Diamond was driving. It was her cousin that would be doing my hair for me. "You good to fly right?"

She nodded. "Yeah, I told you imma be there. I just gotta pack some stuff first."

"Aight, call me when you get to the house."

"Call me when you get to Fontana." I nodded, and we both told each other to stay safe before ducking down into our respective cars.

• • • • •

"Oooh," I hissed. "That shit feel gooooood."

I laid on Artist's chest, watching Johnson Family Vacation on TV as he massaged my head. I had gotten my hair done in passion twists, and although they looked really nice, they had my fucking head hurting.

The plan was to stay at Destiny's house, before all we headed out to Oakland for my birthday in a couple days. Darien ended up calling and that was all Destiny needed to leave me, and then Roni suggested that I go and stay at a friend's house so she could be a married man's cum rag in peace, so I headed over to Artist's with my hoe bag packed.

"I got a present for you." He muttered as he flipped me over and pecked my lips multiple times.

Look at him being all lovey dovey!

"What?" I gazed into eyes.

Aww look at me being all lovey dovey!

He didn't say anything else, but kissed my lips once more before moving down to my neck. His lips were soft as pillows as he brushed then against my skin and suctioned it into his mouth lightly.