thirty-nine

(Since this is the LC*, it's gonna be a little bit lengthy😘.)

Evre Janelle Lennox

"Back from the dead, you still ain't ask me how I felt. But whenever you call me, I go all in, and I'm there." I was once again listening to Toosii2x's Platinum Heart Deluxe album as I walked around my room, cleaning up.

It stayed on repeat since it came out, and would until he dropped another album/mixtape.

As the song went off, a knock sounded at my door, causing me to raise my eyebrows as I looked over.

It was my daddy standing in the doorway.

To be real, part of me didn't wanna let his ass in, but I couldn't shut his ass out forever.

"E." He called as he stepped in and made his way over to my bed.

I nodded and walked over to turn my speaker off. "Wassup?" I asked as I cut off the vacuum as well, then went to move my clothes out of the way so he wouldn't sit on them.

The time was coming closer and closer to when Artist had to leave for school, and I wanted to spend every last minute with him. I had took about a six day break, but that was because I was going through something, and I needed the time to myself. I knew when he finally went off to college, I would miss him like crazy.

"You good?"

Not at all.

I frowned as I nodded my head. "Mhm." I replied.

Yeah, it was lie, but it wasn't like he would have given a fuck either way. And if I was to say I wasn't good, then I would be "spoiled", "entitled", and "ungrateful". My day was going good; I didn't want him to fuck it up for me.

Him or my momma.

"You wanna talk about it?"

Not with you.

Again, I shook my head. "Nah."

I walked over to my bed and began to pack. The longer I allowed him to stay in, the longer he would try to beat around the bush and give me some wack ass apology.

"I'm sorry." He blurted.

See?

I sighed as I nodded and walked into my bathroom to grab my face wash and other toiletries. "I know." I shrugged, walking out and over to my bag.

"Evre." He sighed, and I looked his way. "I'm serious."

"I know." I replied dryly.

My party was back in February and it was now July, I wasn't accepting no damn apology from him. If he wanted to, he woulda did the shit months ago.

"I apologize, cause I was wrong-"

"Both a y'all was wrong." I cleared my throat as I stuffed my belongings inside.

"I know, I know." He assured. "Havin' that typa conversation at that time was wrong as hell. And I was outta pocket for even bringin' the shit up."