six

Evre Janelle Lennox

With my hair in its natural state, it bounced against my back as I walked with my friends through the Lakewood Mall, sipping on a strawberry and banana smoothie from Green Crush.

"Ugh," I heard Lauren and seen that she was scrunching up her face.

I looked over. "What?"

"I mean, this shit good an' all but it won't worth no damn $6.45. Fuck was they thinkin'?" She asked, sipping on her own Green Crush drink.

I shrugged, still sipping on my shit. "Imma still drink it tho'." I said. "I paid for it."

She nodded, agreeing with me.

It was a random ass Saturday, and my friends and me were at the mall, window shopping for the most part. Talking and joking as we walked into various stores, picking shit up that we knew we wouldn't buy. We'd really just came for the free samples and smoothies.

"Bitch, I need a job." I announced to myself as we walked past Potato Corner.

Lauren switched her head and looked my way before slapping hands with me. "Hell yeah. A bitch tied out here askin my momma for money and shit. I'm bout to cop my own shit in a minute."

"Me too. I'm over that shit."

"Bitch, you rich." Amour spoke up. "Fuck you need a job for?" She asked.

I'd met Lauren and Amour at the corner store in Destiny's hood. I was always over there when she went to her mother's for the week, but most of the time I was over in the car at the trap house she kept going to— it was one of the times I'd decided to hang back at the house.

We hung out at the park for the rest of the day, exchanged numbers, and since then we'd been cool with each other. It was also cool since both of them were dealing with two of Heir's friends, Andre and Vinny, so we all hung out.

Since none of us had anything to do today, we'd decided to hit up the mall.

I held my finger up. "First off, my daddy rich, not me." I clarified. "And that nigga not finna keep holdin' shit over my head. Later on down the line imma get all the shit he done did for me thrown back in my face. Shit happen all the time." I shrugged.

"Yo' daddy sound like a asshole." Lauren noted, and Amour cracked up.

I laughed some before nodding. "He is." I shrugged.

A asshole and a cheater. Like he always been.

Ping!

I pulled out my phone from my back pocket and looked down at the two notifications.

Twitter
Roddy Ricch posted for the first time in a while.

Messages
Artist🥰
You up?

Seeing that it wasn't anything important, I ignored the notifications, and put my phone back in my pocket.

It had been about three weeks to a month since Artist and I had last texted. I'd texted him a "good morning" text, which he didn't reply to, but I didn't mind it, sending him a "hey, wyd" text two days later.

When that text went unanswered, I'd decided not to text him back. Around a week and a half had passed, before he'd hit me up at exactly 2:34 AM, with that sad ass "you up" text.

After thinking it over to myself, deciding on if I wanted to text back or not, I'd decided not to; Artist had me fucked up, ignoring me for eight days and then hitting me up at hoe hours.

Especially with that dry ass text. The fuck was a "you up"?

Anyway, he hadn't made any effort to hit me up again, so I figured he wasn't checking for me like that. He talked to me to get my cookie, and when he seen it wasn't going, he'd decided it was done—so I figured.

Shit, I was new to this, so I was probably reading too much into it, but still, unless he came at me correctly, I wasn't fucking with it.

Right now, the ball was in his court, if he hit me up, he hit me up, and if he didn't, he didn't. It didn't make a difference to me, shit, he could be ignored too.

"This look cute?" Amour asked, holding up a black and white romper up against her frame.

I nodded. " I would buy it." I shrugged.

She made a face, shaking her head before putting it back. "Lemme get outta here before I start spendin' money I don't have up in this bitch." She said. "Window shop, Amour, window shop." She did a "woosah" motion, moving some more cute clothes out the way before ushering her own self out of the store, and Lauren and me followed her.

• • • • •
Thanks for reading😘
Remember to vote & comment!