twenty-seven

Artist Sincere DuBois

"Aye," I called before my lil brother ran off. "Stay where I could see you. And make sure you keep yo ringer on."

He nodded, "Ight, Artist." Before he ran off with his friend, across the street to the basketball court.

I leaned up against Big Ro's Mercedes that he let Heir drive for the day. Unlike his sister, he actually knew how to.

"Aye, where, E at, Heir?" Lauren asked.

Heir, Lauren, Amour, Andre, Vinny, Darien and me were all across the street, watching shit happen in the parking lot on the Island Side of the Imperial Courts projects Heir was from. It wasn't shit else to do, and I wanted to let my brother come out and have fun where I could still watch him.

Scrunching his face up, Heir shrugged. "I'on know. I think she said some bout cashin' her check or some like that. She'a prolly come this way later on." He said, puffing on the blunt twice before handing it over to me.

"She prolly caked up wit her lil boyfriend." Lauren dragged, laughing.

"Boyfriend?" Heir scrunched his face, coughing out smoke.

I did the same. "She ain't got no boyfriend."

Other than me.

Amour looked my way. "And how you know? Evre a playa'."

"On God she is," Lauren laughed. "Sis really be actin' like a nigga sometimes."

I was trying to respect my relationship, and not say shit until Evre was ready to, but she had me fucked up if she thought us bein' on the low meant she could talk to other niggas.

That wasn't how shit worked.

"She act just like Ro." Heir shook his head as I passed the blunt off to Andre, and he blew smoke out in a different direction, away from Amour since she was "with child" and shit.

I still couldn't believe he had got her ass pregnant, but they seemed happy and content. Good for them.

"Who she talkin' to?" I asked out of curiosity, before being waved over. "Wait up." I nodded, heading a short ways down the parking lot. "What chu need?"

(Y'all idk shit about selling drugs so bare w me😹.)

"A eighth." He said and handed me the money and I nodded before walking back to my car, and digging for a bag that was in the back, tucked into the built in cup holder.

After grabbing the bag for him, I stepped out and handed ol' boy what he ordered, before making my way over, and sitting on the hood of my car like I was before.

"Hey, Artist." I looked to my left and seen Myra walking up with her sister, My'Elle. Myra continued my way, and My'Elle walked over to Darien.

I shook my head looking at the both of them as they engaged in conversation.

That's finna start some shit.

Heir had went inside his momma's house to use the bathroom, so he didn't see shit.

"Shut the fuck up talkin' to me, Myra." I dismissed her, looking down at my phone and checking on Instagram.