thirty-eight

Amour Yani Phillips

July 12th, 2020

"Hol' on, let me see. Amour!" My momma yelled from upstairs.

"Yeah?" I called back as a bowl of fruit snacks sat on my big belly and I held my phone up to my face as I scrolled through Instagram and liked a few pictures from my explorer page. "Ooh, she pretty." I muttered as I tapped twice on her picture and popped a grape flavored gummy snack in my mouth.

Andre would kill me if he saw me eating the shit I'd been eating since I stepped foot in here.

"You talked to Maria?" She asked me as she walked down the stairs and headed into the kitchen.

Andre was out "making a few plays" and "getting some things in order", and wouldn't let me stay at the house alone just in case some shit went wrong with the baby.

I tried calling Lauren, but her and Vinny were laid up fucking, and Evre was spending time with her aunt and uncle in Hawthorne, and I ain't wanna bother her. Her aunt and uncle were her two favorite people in the world and I didn't want to interrupt their time, so it was over to my mother's house.

I made a face as I took a sharp breath and winced. "Ma, I ain't seen or talked that girl or her uncle in damn near eight years."

"Huh? What?" My dad's voice rang from the speaker phone and I rolled my eyes. "I'm your father. And we just talked a couple days ago, Mour."

"You're Maria's uncle, like I said. And I told you "thank you for paying child support", how in the fuck is that a "talk"?" I asked.

My daddy always walked around wanting credit for nothing and that shit always pissed me off. We stayed into it because he felt like I was supposed to be respectful to a damn ghost that handed out money when he wanted.

"I still put the money in yo' account."

I sighed and scratched my head. "Aight, father." I wasn't arguing wit a bitch that couldn't take care of his only kid and could go across the country and live like he never had one.

Fuck him.

Why the fuck was my momma even talking to his bitch ass?

Boo💙🥰

When you coming to get me?

In a lil bit
U want sum to eat?

A Big Mac w bacon
Coke
& medium fries