thirty-six

Artist Sincere DuBois

Mid/Late March, 2020

"Yo," I said, looking Evre's way as I drove. "I think you need glasses, bruh."

She scrunched her face, and squinted as she looked over at me. "Huh? No I don't. I got 20/20."

"You got "blind as fuck", and you should get that shit checked." I suggested.

She huffed. "Artist, fuck you." She laughed some. "When you gone open this package?" She looked into the backseat.

I had gotten some mail from NAU a couple days ago, but had yet to open the shit.

In the back of my mind, I knew I had made it in, but at the same time, a nigga was scared.

To be real, I really did want to go to college, make my moms, pops, and granny proud, give my lil brother somethin to look up to.

I was gone be hurt as fuck if I applied to the one college I wanted to go to and didn't make it in. Then I was gone feel dumb.

I shrugged. "I'mma open it girl. Don't rush me." I said and she popped me upside my head. "Now what if I woulda swerved and then hit a squirrel, then hit a Mac truck and we both woulda tumbled off the side and died?"

"Then we woulda died, the fuck?" She made a face and twisted her neck. "I told you bout cho mouth and if you keep talkin' to me like you stupid you gone get punched in it every time." She promised.

"Aight, E." I shook my head. Evre ain't know how to shut the fuck up, and I wasn't in the mood to argue with her ass either.

"You wanna get married?" She asked me after a while.

I smirked and looked at her before turning my attention back on the road. "Get married to who?"

She shrugged. "I never asked who, I just said did you wanna get married. I mean in general."

"Sure. I'on see why not. Why you ask me that?"

"No reason really." She replied, leaning her head on the window and then zoned back into her phone.

"What chu readin'?"

I looked over and saw her tuck her lips into her mouth like she was trying to keep herself from blushing. "It's called Thug Passion." I scrunched my face up. "What?" She tittered.

"I was gone tell you read to me but never mind." Evre liked to read to me whenever she could, and I liked to hear her voice- shit was so soothing it a put a nigga to sleep. On top of that, she read some interesting ass stuff at times.

She cleared her throat and sat up in the seat.

"Nah, I got chu."

"Nah, I'on want chu to read me shit from a book called Thug Passion. Keep that shit over there."

She giggled. "Aight, A." She said, as she leaned her head against the window and I pulled into the doctor's office parking lot. "Boy when you get here, you know my love will overflow, and you ain't got to worry bout my clothes..."

She bobbed her head and sang along to the throwback song that came on the radio.

"You wanna ride my dick right quick for we go in here?" I asked as I found a park and took off my seatbelt, then laid my seat back.

She looked my way and scoffed. "No."

"Why not?" I made a face.

Most of the girls I'd fucked had turned into straight nymphos afterwards, wanting to fuck all the time, and it was always weird to me when Evre didn't.

It was like everyday she was showing me like she wasn't like any other bitch I'd messed with, including Patience, and I wasn't sure if that shit interested me or turned me off. 

She made a face as well. "Uh, cause ion fuckin' won't to. My shit not a pocket pussy, you ain't finna be fuckin' me on demand."

"Evre, did I say all'at shit?"

"I'm just sayin' it before you get the chance to." She shrugged. "And you ain't got no condom."

"I ain't got to, ain't chu on birth control?"

She nodded. "Faithfully, but chu still ain't slidin' in my shit wit'out a condom. We practice safe sex this way."

"Aight, E. Damn." I sucked my teeth and got out the car, then slammed the door behind me as I waited for her to catch up with me and we walked towards the office together.

• • • • •

"Amour Phillips."

Me and E had walked in just in time to see Amour and everybody else following her to the back, where they told her to go into one of the rooms.

"Oh, a lotta you guys." The doctor, an older black lady, said as she stepped in. "Lotta support mamas." She said to Amour and we all nodded.

Everybody was here, including Andre's sister, and Amour's momma and big sister from her pops' side.

The lady did some shit, and asked Amour some questions about her pregnancy before grabbing the probe and pouring the jelly on it, then rubbing it across Amour's fat ass stomach.

"Damn." Andre muttered as the sound of the baby's heartbeat filled the room. 

"Man, you really got a fuckin' person in yo' stomach." Lauren mumbled as everybody kept quiet, basking in the moment and shit.

It really was a dope ass moment tho.

"Let's hope to God it ain't two." I heard Heir mumble.

"What chu be sayin' love? That'a be a plot twist like a mothafucka." I shook my head.

"Alright, y'all ready to see what the gender is?" The doctor asked as we all nodded, even leaned in a bit so we wouldn't miss a word.

I had bets on that shit and I hoped Dre got what the fuck I was praying for.

• • • • •

Just a lil cliffhanger lol😹I promise y'all will find out the gender soon❤️

There are about 3-4, maybe 2-3 chapters left, and I promise y'all will get the gender in one of them chapters🥰🥰

Thanks for reading😘
Remember to vote & comment!