twenty-two

Artist Sincere DuBois

Evre was right when she said her sister was friendly as shit.

I loved that she was so friendly and open and shit with a nigga when I had first picked her up. It made me feel like the rest of the day was gone be easy to deal with, cause when the little sister liked you, shit was cool after that.

But ol' girl hadn't shut the fuck up since she got in the car.

A nigga was happy as fuck when I pulled up in front of Evre's grandma's house.

It was still early in the day, and her momma didn't get off until later, so I wouldn't have to deal with that until later on tonight. Now, we was just gone chill until the food was done.

I cut the ignition and got out the car, then walked around and helped Dior and E get out too.

"Ooh, look who bein' a gentlemen today," Evre pursed her lips and put her head to the side.

"I'll stuff yo' ass back inside the car if you want." I offered.

"Hey!" Dior said. "My mommy said that's a bad word." She crossed her arms and rolled her neck.

I furrowed my eyebrows and looked over at Evre. "It is. Apologize for usin' that language around my sister." She demanded as we walked side-by-side up to her grandma's porch.

"I'm sorry." I told her little sister, and she just crossed her arms and stuck her nose up, then stomped past me.

I should push her lil ass back down the stairs.

People was out on the block, buying fireworks and getting the grill started for the rest of their day. Loud ass music was playing, you would really think it was 4:00 and not only 12:00 in the afternoon.

Evre's grandma's house was purple, with wooden steps and a wooden porch, that looked over into the street and down the rest of the block.

"Grandma!" Evre squealed as we walked in the house.

It was nice, small, and clean.

It was two couches in the living room with a glass coffee table in the middle and a small TV on top of a black wooden stand leaned up against the wall.

From the entrance, you could see the kitchen, but you couldn't see inside of the kitchen.

"Hi, baby!" Evre's grandma greeted excitedly, walking out of the kitchen and into the living room, where Dior was waiting for her with a big hug. "You had fun over at ya' friend's house?"

I furrowed my eyebrows, looking Evre's way. "I thought you said that was yo grandma?"

"It is." She nodded, then shrugged. "Black don't crack."

"That's right." I nodded as the door opened again.

"We hereeeee!" Somebody announced as they walked in.

It was some pretty, caramel toned female and some big, light skin nigga behind her.

"Auntie!" Evre squealed, before jumping up and down and they hugged tight as fuck, rocking side to side.