"Crying In His Sleep"

tw // blood, self-harm, suicide

If you're uncomfortable, you are free to skip this chapter.

---

"He's gone. I lost him."

"What are you talking about Cheol? He's still alive."

"Yeah, he's still alive, but what if—"

"Yeah I know, but it'll most likely not happen, I know he will fight for his loved ones, including you."

Seungcheol had been Jeonghan's best friend for years. They really know each other so well. And aside from being best friends, Seungcheol had always liked the other. He's been hiding his feelings for him because he was afraid that his feelings might break their friendship. He couldn't risk on losing him.

Seungcheol haven't slept well because he was too worried for Jeonghan. He was seen in his bedroom with a pool of blood surrounding him. Seungcheol almost fainted on what he saw that day, but luckily, Jeonghan was still breathing. 

"Hey, can I just take a nap? I can't sleep well these days." Seungcheol muttered. 

"No worries, you look haggard."

---

Seungcheol woke up because of the bed he was leaning on was shaking a bit. He opened his eyes to see why it was shaking when he saw that Jeonghan is already awake, looking at him.

"You're awake!" Seungcheol yelped and immediately hugged the man. He even showed his gummy smile. Jeonghan's sister which Seungcheol was talking to before was also shocked to see his brother wake up. 

Jeonghan didn't even hug Seungcheol back and slowly pushed him away, making him wear a confused look on his face. "S-sis?" He called out, still too weak to speak properly. "W-What h-happened?"

His sister looked at her worriedly, "You need to take a rest more Jeonghan." She sighed. "You got stabbed in your side. You don't remember? What happened?"

Jeonghan got his lips pursed. He can't say anything. 

He turned to look at Seungcheol, who was beside him all the time. He stared at the man for a few  seconds, looking like he was memorizing the other's features. "Umm, excuse me.." He proceeded to give a confused look on his face while asking, "Who are you?"

Seungcheol froze.

"Me.. Who- What?"

"Huh?"

"Me? I'm your best friend, Choi Seungcheol. You don't remember me?" 

Seungcheol felt like his heart was crushed and broke into pieces. He was shocked to hear that from him. "Are you playing with me Hannie?" He asked, his eyebrows furrowing.

"What? No.. I'm sorry." 

He had a lot of things going on inside his head. 

What happened? The doctor said he's okay now. I think his head haven't even got a damage. How can he not know me? How can he forget me? Oh Hannie..

That kind of things were inside his head. While Seungcheol was being drowned by his thoughts, Jeonghan's sister called the doctor to let them know that he's awake.

"I'll just go talk to the doctor." Seungcheol said after they checked on Jeonghan.

---