"Pinky Promise"

In his 24 years of living, he never had a lover. But, he did have someone in his heart.

Can he really remember the things we said 16 years ago?

(flashback)

As an 8 year old kid, he was just enjoying his childhood to the fullest.

"HEY! Give me back my lollipop!" Minghao whined as he stomped his foot on the ground.

"This will be mine now, Xu Minghao~" Jun teased the boy more.

"Wen Junhui." He warned, calling his full name.

"Fine..."

"I will just buy you one Junnie!" Minghao cheered, making Jun more hyper than before.

"Really?!"

"Why? You don't want-"

"whAT DO YOU MEAN?! LET'S GO!" Jun yelled when Minghao was about to take back his offer.

Both were dragged by their feet towards the little shop ahead, where they would buy snacks often.

"Eyy... Another one? You will lose your healthy teeth when you eat to much candy." The owner said as the kids went back here for three times this day already!

"This is the last candy of the week, we promise!" Jun spoke out as he showed her his puppy eyes.

The lady sighed. "Fine. Take care okay?" The owner is actually like their second mom, since her store is their favorite, they come there often.

"Yes we will auntie!"

"Thank you~"

Both now walked to Jun's house, which was only few blocks away from the store. Then in front of Jun's house, there lived Minghao.

Minghao suddenly turned left, which leads to the tree beside Jun's home.

"What are you doing Haohao?" The boy curiously asked when he suddenly have a sharp cutter in his hands. "Where did that cutter even come from?"

Does he do magic or what?

Jun walked closer to Minghao, only to see him carve something.

JunHao♡

"There. All done!" Minghao cheered while he clapped his hands in happiness.

"Who's JunHao?" The clueless Jun asked.

"Junhui and Minghao. JunHao." He explained, as Jun stared at the tree at awe. "It means, we should be together. Forever."

"Do we have to get married to do that?" Again, the clueless Junhui asked while Minghao just nodded at him. "Then let's get married in the future!" Jun cheered. "Pinky promise!" He added.

"Pinky promise!" They both then laughed together.

(end of flashback)

I'm just making a fool out of myself. He probably has a wife now.

Jun just shook his head and just focused again on his tons of paperwork in front of him.

Why am I even thinking about him now? It was just obviously puppy love.

Waking up, going to work, taking a break, back to work, walk back home, and then the day ends. Jun has this routine everyday, in which he already had gotten used to.

But this time, that certain man named Xu Minghao kept creeping back into his mind. Jun just sighed, upon not seeing his friend. He flew overseas to study there for high school, and said that he will be back.

I suddenly miss him..

A knock on the door interrupted Jun's thoughts, then his secretary was revealed.

"Good afternoon Sir Wen, a visitor is waiting for you downstairs." His secretary spoke.

"May I know who?"

"He said you know him as your friend, and that's what matters."

"Okay, I'll come down in a minute."

"Are you sure Sir Wen? I haven't seen him before-"

"It's okay, we'll go there together."

She just nodded and proceeds going out, planning to wait for Jun to go outside his office. Meanwhile, Jun fixed his things and just decided to head home after meeting the visitor his secretary was talking about.

"Okay, you can just leave me here.." Jun patted his secretary's shoulder when they reached the lobby. As he walked closer, a familiar figure is getting visible. And when he saw the figure's face completely, he furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. He doesn't seem to know him.

"Aww, you already can't remember me Junnie? I'm disappointed."

And when Jun realized, his mouth just went wide open.

"M-Minghao?"

"Oh I'm Haohao. Nice to meet you again Junnie~"

Jun just found himself launching on the man in front of him, hugging him, making Minghao giggle.

"Do you miss me that much?" He chuckled. "Should I walk you home?"

"How did you know I'm about to go home?" He asked with his left eyebrow raising.

Minghao just pointed at the bag Jun was holding. "Yeah, right." They both laughed.

They both now started to head for the direction of Jun's home.

"So, how's New York?" Jun asked as they walk at the streets.

"It was nice, but I'm glad that I'm now back here. It's been years! I missed Seoul." He then spread his arms wide, just like in those movies where they feel the wind.

"Only Seoul?"

"And you, of course!"

After a few more minutes, they arrived in front of Jun's home. It didn't take them long since it was just near the office. Minghao suddenly sharply turned left, like he was controlled by someone. Jun followed him, and he headed for that one tree he once carved something 16 years ago.

"Remember this?" Minghao said as he softly caressed the word he carved.

"Yeah, how could I forget that?" Jun giggled, scratching his head.

"I came back here because of this." He continued, making the other freeze.

"Well, you don't have to just because of the promise. We can just stay best friends if you want." He worriedly explained, thinking he must be just forced because of that one promise when they were kids.

"Then you're dumb to think I'll marry someone I don't truly love, Wen Junhui."