15

Hari disentangled herself from Draco and got to her feet. It seems that they had arrived at some type deserted stretch of misty moor. In front of them were two grumpy old wizards, one of whom had a thick roll of parchment. Both were dressed as muggles, though very inexpertly: The man with the parchment wore a tweed suit with thigh-length galoshes; his colleague, a kilt and poncho.

"Good morning Basil." Lucius said happily. The man looked up and smiled. Narcissa picked up the watch portkey they used to get there, and placed it into a large box filled with other items. Hari could see an old newspaper, a boot, and a punctured football.

"Morning Lucius." The man with the kilt said Wearily. "Not on duty, aye? Lucky you, lucky you. I've already had to ward off six muggles. Hand on, Touc will find your campsite." The grey haired man nodded.

"Yes sir. Malfoy Malfoy.." Lucius nodded, before adding.

"And Snape. It's under Malfoy-and-Snape '' The man nodded before clearing his throat.

"Okay, ah! Here it is! Two tents, booked a few months ago. Right, it should be towards the front of the stadium. You need to talk to Mr. Roberts." They all nodded and began to walk towards a white house.

"Good morning!" Said Lucius.

"Morning!" The muggle said with a yawn.

"Do you happen to be Mr.Roberts?"

"Aye, I am." He gave the family a kind look. "Who are you?"

"Malfoy and Snape. Booked two tents a few days ago." The man nodded.

"That's it. Just one night?" Lucius nodded. "Are you paying right now?"

"Yes. Here you go." He handed the man a small stack of cash tied together with a rubber band.

"I'm taking it you aren't foreign?" Lucius looked confused but cleared his throat.

"Pardon? I don't quite understand." repeated Lucius puzzled.

"No, it's just, you don't dress like anyone else here. I had two people try to pay me with large gold coins, and others with fake money. You had no trouble." Lucius nodded and gave a laugh, but the man continued.

"Never been this crowded. Hundreds of people pre-booking. Normally people just turn up."

"Is that right?" The man nodded again.

"Aye." He said thoughtfully. "People from all over. Thousands of foreigners. And not just foreigners. Weirdos, you know? There's a bloke walking 'round in a kilt and a poncho." Hari snorted, but quickly composed herself.

"It's like a sort of...I don't know..rally. It seems they all know each other somehow."

At that moment, a wizard in plus-fours appeared out of thin air in front of Mister Roberts front door.

"Obliviate!" He said sharply, pointing his wand at the muggle. His eyes suddenly slid out of focus, his brows unknitted, and a dreamy look of unconcern fell over his face. Hari recognized the symptoms of one who just had his memory modified.

"A map of the campsite for you," Mr. Roberts said placidly to Lucio. "And your change." He handed back the money they had just paid with.

"Thank you very much." Lucius said before he walked away, group following.

The wizard in plus-fours accompanied them toward the gate to the campsite. He looked exhausted: His chin was blue with stubble and there were deep purple shadows under his eyes. Once out of hearing range for Mr. Roberts, he muttered to Lucius and Snape, "Been having trouble with him. He needs a Memory Charm ten times a day to keep him happy. And Ludo Bagman''s not helping. Goin around shouting about Quaffles and Bludgers at the top of his voice, not a perry for Anti-Muggle security. Blimey, I'll be glad when this is over. See you later, Mr Malfoy, Professor Snape."