26

Hari was sitting in Professor Bins class when suddenly there was a tapping sound on the left side window. Hari ignored it, thinking it was a simple bird. The sound continued for ten minutes, and Hari was ready to curse the devastated bird. Turning to the window, her father's owl, Baltimore, flew in. Well, more like fell in. His right wing was curled up, and the normally happy owl looked to be in severe pain. Hari glared murdouslye. This was her father's familiar, just like Whip was heres, and Wren, the wren, was her papa's.

"I'm going to Professor Grubbly-Plank. She will know what to do." Blaise and Draco nodded, and let the girl walk from the class by herself. It was obvious that she was going to be in a bad mood for the rest of the day. You could tell by the way her fist would clench every few seconds, and the way her left eye subconsciously twitched, scaring people out of the way.

"My dear, here we must run as fast as we can, just to stay in place. And if you wish to go anywhere you must run twice as fast as that.1" Blaise quoted. Draco snorted and returned to his seat.

Hari was walking quickly through the halls of Hogwarts, Baltimore safely tucked away in her arms. She soon made it outside, almost running now that she was outside.

"Professor!" She yelled right as the woman was about to enter her own hut. The plump woman jumped and turned around to see none other than Hari Potter running to her.

"What happened?" She asked as she grabbed the laughing owl. He wasn't laughing now.

"A spell hit him I'm guessing. He's my father's familiar." Grubbly-Plank nodded before bringing the poor bird inside. She pulled out her wand and casted a few diagnostic spells on him.

"A bone breaking curse. Was there a letter with him?" Hari shook her head no.

"No, but I sent my letter two days ago. Papa should be replying today. You think he dropped it somewhere? Or did someone take it?" Grubbly-Plank shrugged a shoulder as she was wrapping the owl's shoulder.

"If I'm honest, I know Umbridge is checking the mail. She might have casted the spell." Hari nodded sadly. She knew her dad loved that bird. Her mother had gotten him the same type of bird for his thirteenth birthday. "Anyways, you can come back to collect him in a few days. I think you should firecall your parents however. They might want to know." Hari nodded, said her thanks, and left the hut.

"Hari! How's the owl?" Draco asked. Hari shrugged.

"Bone breaking curse. Grubbly-Plank thinks it was Umbridge, and I have to agree. Dad and Papa would have sent a letter today, and you know Wren can't travel long distances. I'm going to Slughorn to fire call them." Draco nodded.

"You fire call them a lot, don't you?" Draco asked. Hari shrugged with a sheepish smile.

"I honestly can't stand being away from my parents and siblings. I grew up without them for eleven years, I just wanna make sure that they are still here, you know?" Draco smiled softly and placed a warm hand on her shoulder. Hari shook it off and smirked at him impishly. "How are you and Terry then? I know he had a snack last night." She teased. Draco blushed and looked the other way. Damn his pale skin.

"Nothing. It was fun." He said, then instantly regretted it as Hari burst out in laughter.

"So Malfoy has been having fun? Oh, what would sweet Terry feel about that?"

"I ment Terry! I had fun with Terry!" He blushed, trying to defend himself.

"Ah. That makes more sense. See, I honestly thought you would run off with Blasie." Draco punched her in the arm and Hari laughed, glad to rile up the blonde boy.