chapter 25

Hari mentally groaned as she felt Ginny Weasley's eyes on her once again. Ever since she told the Slytheirn house she was ready to 'date' again, the news spread like wildfire. She was getting many letters asking for a date, and even her hand in marriage! It was getting really out of hand. She froze up as she felt the seat dip beside her. She turned to see lustful brown eyes.

"H-Hello Hari!" She squeaked out. Hari gave her a small smile.

"Hello Ginny. You're looking lovely today." She watched as the redhead blushed and looked down. Hari suddenly had the best idea. Why not lead her on? Yeah, it might ruin her reputation, but she couldn't give s shit about that. It might even scare off some DA members.

"Oh, um, thank you Hari. Are you ready for the class tonight?" She asked. Hari shushed her, placing a finger to her chapped lips. She blushed lightly and Hari almost smirked.

"Yes, I was just heading there now. Would you like to walk there with me?" Ginny nodded and quickly helped the girl pack up the library books, eyebrows raising as she noticed the titles.

"Hari, you do know your reading books about dark magic, correct?" She asked softly. Hari raised an eyebrow and nodded.

"Yes I do. I actually prefer it to light magic. Did you know that all light spells have a dark counterpart? Even the patronus charm! It's a lot weaker as the spell is for happy memories, but if you use one of your angriest or saddest memories you can have a patronus that drowns, or even sets fire to things. The theory behind it is quite easy. Oh, and don't worry. I have permission from Slughorn and Flitwick to study the theory of them, as long as I don't cast them." Ginny made an 'oh' shape with her mouth before happily following the blackete.

Around the fifth floor, Hari felt Ginny latch onto her arm. Sending her a questioning look, and an uncomfortable one, Ginny blushed.

"I'm sorry, it's just, the paintings are kind of creepy here, and it's really dark, and you are older than me, so I thought you would be able to protect me." She chuckled nervously. Hari shrugged and led her to the seventh floor. Hari allowed her in first, before walking in. Her very presence commanded silence. They instantly knew she would be a hard taskmaster.

"Okay, first order of business. Were any of you followed?" They all shook their heads, none wanting to speak. "Alright, who here knows how to do a correct disarming charm?" When only three hands went up, Hari sneered, reminding them all of her father.

"That is incredibly disappointing. The only two here that shouldn't be able to cast that charm are the two first years. Get partners. Neville, you're with me." She ordered the boy. Hari guessed that Ron had spilled the news to the Gryffindor boys because they were all there.

"Okay neville. Expelliarmus. ex-PEL-lee-ar-muss. It should be a scarlett light color." Neville nodded before flinging his wand out. "No no no. Less jerky. Smooth and graceful like the pureblood you are!" Neville flinched but yelled out the spell. Scarlett hit Hari and she let her wand fly to Neville's hand.

"Very good Nev! Keep practicing. I'm coming around to check everyone's progress!" She yelled. It had been a good ten minutes, they should have had some progress. Hari looked at a beautiful girl named Cho Chang, who was currently losing her wand everytime she tried to cast the spell. She placed a warm hand on the girls shoulder, guiding her through the motions. She soon moved on to help the twins Elio and Thiago. Elio was great at silently casting the spell, but whenever he tried to do it with words the spell backfired, sending her straight into a wall.

"Okay Elio. I'm going to stand behind you. Try casting it again. Make your movements a little wider. It makes it easier." Elio nodded before he casted it again, almost perfectly. Hari groaned as she was slammed into a wall. Keeping a protective arm around the smaller slytherin, she stood up.