16

Hari sighed as she waited for the other students to come outside. Today was October thirtieth, and the arrival of Durmstrang Institute and Beauxbatons Academy of Magic. They would be here soon. It was twenty minutes later when everyone had arrived and they watched the bank as it started to move.

Slowly, magnificently, the ship rose out of the water, gleaming in the moonlight. It had a strangely skeletal look about it, as though it were a resurrected wreck, and the dim, misty lights shimmering at its portholes looked like ghostly eyes. Finally, with a great sloshing noise, the ship emerged entirely, bobbing on the turbulent water, and began to glide toward the bank. Hari was in love. The spells and runes must have been excessive to cover all of the ship!

Hari looked up as a gigantic black shape skimmed over the treetops of the Forbidden Forest and the lights shining from the castle windows hit it. They saw a gigantic, powder blue, horse-drawn carriage, the size of a large house, soaring toward them, pulled through the air by a dozen winged horses, all palominos, and each the size of an elephant. Must be Beauxbatons.

Dumbledore ushered them all inside to start the feast and to wait for the foreign students to be comfortable enough to walk through Hogwarts walls. Hari looked at her group of Slytherin friends and smirked. They all knew that both schools were planning on wowing the Hogwarts students, so every house decided to plan against them. When it was usually Slytherin and Ravenclaw that had "Royalty", the other houses elected their own kings or queens, and a few Princes' and Princesses'.

Hari sat at the Slytherin table watching the Durmstrang students come in. She wouldn't lie, some of those guys looked good, but don't tell Tom that. Hari's eyes widened as she watched Tom walk in, right next to Karkaroff. Tom sent her a devilish smirk and walked towards her. Once he was next to her, he bowed and grasped her hand, giving it a soft kiss.

"My queen." Hari couldn't stop a small smile from forming on her face. Tom bowed again and went to join the other students. He was the only one wearing a Liberalis patch. Must have been the only student to make it through the trials or whatever. Hari was slightly startled when a bunch of students in pale blue skirts, obviously made of silk, walked in. Hari watched as they bowed, summoning little blue butterflies to follow them. A lot of the younger students were captured by their stunning appearances, but all the older students knew that most of the girls were veela, so their charms worked less. Hari was more interested in the girl doing backflips and cartwheels.

"Welcome welcome-" Dumbledore was suddenly cut off by a standing McGonagall.

"Hogwarts students would like to give their own welcome to the other schools." Dumbledore had a shocked look on his face, but sat down nonetheless. McGonagall clapped twice, and a blinding flash of light summoned its way down the middle of the great hall. Suddenly four people in red robes were standing there.

"Frederick Weasley, King of Gryffindor."

"Georgios Weasley, King of Gryffindor." They bowed.

"Ronald Weasley, Prince of Gryffindor." He held hands with Neville.

"Neville Longbottom, Princess of Gryffindor." They all held hands

"The house of the Daring, Brave, and Confident."

They all bowed. Fred threw something on the ground and four roaring lions were made out of red and yellow dust. Another blinding light.

"Cedric Diggory, King of Hufflepuff."

"Robin Botesdale, King of Hufflepuff."

"Gabriel Tate, Prince of Hufflepuff."

"Natsumi Suzaku, Princess of Hufflepuff."