Two meters

"It's our first match, are you nervous?"
You ask Tsukishima shaking your hands around,  it what the only thing keeping you from screaming aloud or punching something.

You were more nervous than you had expected to be and with jitters in your hands you ask the boy if he felt the same, of course.

"No..."
Coldly he says boarding the bus as you follow behind him, frowning at his back.

Sitting next to Yachi you frown, a multitude of thoughts were floating in your head.

First of all Yanagi had completed the project for you and would most likely present it now alone, you felt terrible and the same with Tsukishimas partner at the thought of how confused and uneasy he might be finding him gone from his seat.

Luckily this was an excused absent.

But you still felt bad, you couldn't even complete it all and now she had to present for you and explain everything she hadn't done.

I hope she's okay.........
Biting your nails the bus finally moves and you begin your trip to the inter-High prelims once again.

This was your final shot to make it to nationals and the third years final shot overall, you guys had to show your best ability.

"What shrimp? You have an upset stomach."
Tsukishima mocks the boy in a baby voice as Hinata clenched onto his stomach, trying his best not to make any sudden movement, not even to attack Tsukishima he sneers at him.

"W-Watch it o-or else I'll- I GOTTA GO!"
With a final grumble the boy dashes away leaving everyone to just stare at where he stood.

"You sure he's going to be okay?"
Daichi asks Sugawara who pats his back.

"Sure sure and if he isn't I won't be mad if I have to take his spot!"
Before grabbing his bag and walking away, while Sugawara could be seen as monitoring the team he wouldn't hesitate to be mean or harsh when it consisted on his teams playing level.

Mostly with Kageyama which you noticed would lose his cool sometimes when he over analyzed a game.

"Let's just go to the bench, he'll be able to find us."
Daichi sighs grabbing his bags and you follow,
holding the cart of balls and Kiyoko holding the water bottles.

With the return of Hinata a look of pure horror on his face your team begins to warm up, on the other side of the court the team you were going against started warming up as well. But you felt something extremely off.

They look like thugs...!
You wouldn't have been surprised if all of them were held back grades making them legal adults by the looks of it.

Not only were they built like an adult but their faces were quite scary to look at.

Their looks don't matte. it's all about your playing skills.....
You just had to believe in your team and as the whistle blew and the match started you saw something surprising, like that one match with Daichis friend.

Well whatever that team was called it seemed that you guys were levels ahead of them and watching this match it was the same here, maybe you needed to stop letting looks dictate power.

as the second set started your team easily taking the first you saw the look of defeat already written on them, tired and out of breath it looked like they were ready to give in.

"It's not over yet you have to keep on trying till he blows the whistle!"

Wha-....
Glancing to the top stand you see a quite small guy standing over the ledge and yelling to the opposing team, what stood out the most for you was his distinct hairstyle.