CHAPTER 27: Something's Fishy

EVELINE KNIGHT

"WHAT THE FUCK EV? I AM DYING HERE OUT OF STRESS AND YOU ARE EATING CHOCOLATES HAPPILY."

"Listen I am sorry but I can't share them with you." I said stopping her from coming any further to my chocolates.

"Why? I am tensed right now. I want one" she was going the pick one when I smacked her hands.

"STOP. Not from here. Wait."

I took out a bar of dark chocolate from my drawer and gave it to her. Backup you know.

"Here take this. These are from Xander I can't give you these." She glared at me. I ignored her and kept eating my chocolates happily.

"Okay I wanted to tell you something." She said and I nodded while eating the chocolates like a baby.

"So Evan." I was busy with my chocolates.

"He asked me out on a date tonight." And I stopped.

Wait. What? I thought that was just an act.

"Ev say something please I have a date tonight. I need your help. You can be shocked later."

"EV."

"EVELINE CARTER COME TO YOUR SENSES RIGHT NOW." She shook me with all the force she had.

I finally came back to my senses.

"It's Eveline Knight now." I glared at her taking a last bite of the chocolate that was in my hand I stood up and marched towards her. "And when were you planning on telling me."

"Ev s-stop y-you l-look really d-dan-gerous." She stuttered. "I was planning to tell you but you were angry since morning then Blake came and then Alexander's gift. So I couldn't tell you." I kept moving towards her and she was moving backwards with a scared face.

"We'll be going for shopping after the office hours you need a complete makeover my dear." I said looking at her.

"You are not angry?"

"Well I would've been if it was some other day. Today I am really happy. So I forgive you for your mistakes my child." I said.

"Now get back to work. Bye Cass." I sent her out of my office and went back to my desk glanced at the chocolates once. I licked my lips.

I can't control. They are chocolates.

I called Xander again. He picked up after few rings.

"Are you busy?" I asked.

"Ya. Why?"

"Nothing. I'll just call later."

"No Ev it's fine."

"Okay so I wanted to ask you that if I eat all the chocolates now, are you going to scold me?" I asked biting my lips.

What a lame excuse to call him.

"I am sure Ev you didn't call me for this. What is it?"

"Nothing actually I just wanted to talk to you."

"Fine then keep talking I am listening."

"You will really talk to me? Wow that's new Mr. Alexander Knight."

"Okay now stop and continue what you were saying."

I then started doing my work talking to him. God sometimes I really act like a high school girl who is crazy about her boyfriend.

-------------------------------------------------------------

After shopping with Cass and making her ready for her date I came back home. Tired as hell. I went to my room and was going for a bath when I heard a knock on my door. I opened the door to see Xander standing there.