CHAPTER 31: Parent's Surprise

Aiden and Evan 👆

EVELINE KNIGHT

It has been almost two weeks now since I last saw Xander. He would come home late and I would leave early. And the rest of the night I would spend in my room. Maria told me that he doesn't even have his breakfast in the morning not even the coffee I made. Last Saturday and Sunday I spent alone in my room watching movies. I think tomorrow also I have to do the same. Tomorrow is Saturday my day off. Yay!

Why don't you sound happy girl?

Because I don't want to spend one more Saturday locked in my room.

Next day I woke up early but I didn't wanted to see him. So I kept rolling on the bed from one side to the other. When it was 9 am I finally decided to go down. I went directly to the kitchen. I saw Maria.

"I am starving right now can you please serve the breakfast." I said her and she chuckled.

"Wait I'll just give him a call."

Him? Who is this 'him' now?

"Alexander she is already here come fast and have the breakfast."

Wait. Alexander.

HELL NO.

"X-Xander? But it's Saturday he must be in office right?"

"Yes but he took a day off."

"D-day o-off?"

"Ya it's unbelievable I know but I guess you are changing that stubborn kid."

And I was starving myself in the room hoping that he would go to his office.

Sorry my poor stomach.

Maria placed two plates on the aisle. Xander came from the living room taking a seat beside me.

Can't he just take his food to the dining table?

"Oh I forgot." Maria said rubbing her temple with her hands. "I have some work I'll just come."

With that she left. Now it was just me and the devil. I was eating my food looking down not even glancing at him for once. I could feel his gaze on me.

This is so awkward.

"Are you still angry with me?" he said finally breaking the awkward silence.

Happy realization Mr. Arrogant Knight.

"Ev I am talking to you."

I know that I just don't want to tolerate another mood swing of yours.

"Ev look at me." I didn't and just kept eating my breakfast.

"Fine don't talk. As if I am dying to talk to you."

Oh believe me you are.

"So your parents and mine too they'll be coming tonight for dinner. They have something to talk about. They told that they will talk about it when they meet us. So I invited them."

Wow he knows so many things and I know nothing. Are they my parents or his? They didn't tell me anything.

We were having breakfast in silence when they doorbell rang. Xander went to open the door. I too went to the living room and saw Evan and Aiden entering.

What are they doing here?

I glared at Evan.

"You had something to discuss Alex." Aiden said.

Alex? How familiar is this guy with him? That day they were acting like they have met for the first time.

Oh you were looking at them I thought you were busy giving 'I am watching you' looks to Anna.