CHAPTER 38: I am lost!

EVELINE KNIGHT

I don't know where I am now. I am lost. I ran too far.

What will I do now?

Why did I forget my purse?

How will Xander find me?

I don't know anyone here.

I looked around but there were hardly anyone around.

What is this place?

Why is there no one?

I am scared now.

What if someone kidnaps me and takes me with them.

Why did you had to run away Ev? Now how will you reach Xander?

Then I saw a lady passing by.

She won't kidnap me right I can take her help I guess.

You don't have any other option.

I asked the lady about the mall but she told me that there are so many malls around. Where do I want to go? And me being me I don't even remember the name of the mall. Then another idea came to my mind I called Xander from her phone. The lady told him the location.

I was still crying but this time it was not because of that Maddison but because I was lost and scared. The lady made me sit on a bench nearby and was trying to calm me down but it wasn't working at all. I needed to see Xander now. Only he can calm me down now.

After few minutes a car stopped in front of where we were sitting I knew it was Xander's. Xander came out of the car he was breathing heavily. He stood there with hands on his waist. When he saw me he sighed still breathing heavily.

Did he go for a run or something?

I ran to him and hugged him tightly. I was crying a mess with my head resting on his chest. He hugged me back. I could hear his heartbeat.

 I could hear his heartbeat

"It's okay Ev I am here." He tried to calm me down but it made me cry more. I was so relieved to see him "Ev stop crying."

"I-I w-was s-so s-scared Xander. T-this place is s-so s-scary. I-I thought y-you'll never f-find me."

"I found you now. I have you." He pulled away from the hug and wiped my tears kissing the top of my head he took a deep breath.

Xander then held my hand in his and made his way to the lady.

"Thank you so much for your help." He said.

"Oh it's nothing dear. You know when I found her I thought her husband didn't care about her and left her but seeing both of you now made me realize I was so wrong about you. I was trying to calm her down for the last 20 minutes but she kept crying. You did it in just few seconds and both of you look really nice together." She said and I smiled holding Xander's arm tightly.