Ch.4 Ink

Chapter 4

Maya scurried up on her bed as she pulled the pillow to her chest. A chilling shiver ran down her spin as her heart looked for a corner to hide behind.

He saw her. He had really seen her.

Maya didn't know whether she should be thrilled or frightened. A part of her heart was exhilarated with the knowledge that her mate had gotten a glimpse of her but the feeling was coated with worry and curiosity.

How had he known he was about to be blasted? How did he deflect the blast.....

Maya's mind itched her to go back. If he was able to see her, maybe she could do it again. Maybe she could even talk to him and find about what happened to Fiza. As much as the idea excited her, Maya knew it wasn't a good choice.

Her mind had transported her without her permission. Something was definitely wrong. Gemma had said her outburst would be in small increments. But Maya had just had three within the span of an hour.

Maya had to tell her mother. She didn't want to walk around as a ticking time bomb. She knew deep within her bones something was wrong. Tossing the pillow aside, Maya rolled out of bed and headed for her door. Her fingers gripped the brass door knob as she pushed her body against it and shoved. But instead of the palace halls, Maya walked into a dark narrow passage.

She stilled immediately before turning to go back into her room. But the door had disappeared. Maya felt around in the darkness, trying to figure out where she had landed. At the end of the passage, she saw an open door with colored lights pouring out. The sound of heavy bass and drums echoed somewhere in the building as Maya began to inch closer to the door.

When she arrived, Maya peeked inside. It was a dressing room, with a fancy vanity and a rack full of feathery sparkling costumes. In the corner of the room was a long yellow couch and an orange coffee table. The walls were covered in an ugly wallpaper and the air was thick with the scent of cigarettes. Maya looked around wondering what all this could be about. When he heard the tapping of heels outside in the halls, she looked over her shoulder.

A tall girl with long black hair walked into the room. Her hair curled away from her face as her heavily lined eyes searched through her tiny purse. Maya looked her up and down. She wore High waisted bell bottom jeans and a white band shirt that she had tied up. A cigarette hung from her plum lips as she took a long drag and blew out the smoke.

"Roy," the girl called out as she looked up from her purse. "You in here?"

"Ah shit," Maya muttered as she recognized herself. "What's with all that eyeliner?"

She watched, shaking her head, as the old Maya moved to the brightly lit mirror and ran her hand through her hair. She tossed her purse onto the ugly yellow couch as she picked up a bottle of hairspray and went to town.

Maya pinched her nose and took a step back from the toxic fume as she waved the air in front of her.

"Willow!" A man's voice called out from the hall.

Maya's heart leaped up. She knew that deep voice. Her eyes turned to the doorway as Roy walked in. He too wore bell bottom jeans and a very questionable top. Maya giggled as she eyed him. He could have easily been an honorary member of Led Zeppelin.

"You ready baby?" Willow turned from the mirror to look at Roy with a glint in her eyes.

"Whatever you want," Roy smiled as he clapped his hands together and rubbed them. "Where do you want me?"

"Ah...." Maya looked from Willow to Roy. "Oh please don't do what I think you're about to do...."

Willow ran into Roy's arms as she connected her lips against his. Maya shrieked as she covered her eyes and blushed.