Ch.50 Heal

Chapter 50

It was the middle of the night when Maya felt the first wave of nausea roll over her. Her eyes opened in the dark as she covered her mouth and sat up. Beside her, Heyder slept like a log. She didn't want to wake him as she silently slipped out of bed and hurried to the bathroom.

Heyder had been healing Maya constantly. The effects were starting to show on him. He was distracted and restless. Sleeping became harder for him. Maya didn't want to wake him up as she looked over her shoulder at his sleeping figure on the bed. As quietly as she could, Maya turned on the bathroom light and leaned over the toilet.

At once, everything she had managed to eat for dinner came rushing back out. Maya's eyes watered as she gripped the sink nearby and held her hair back with her other hand. The pain in her lower stomach was unimaginable. She was afraid she would split in half if she made one wrong move. Her knees buckled and her vision blurred.

"Heyden," Maya whispered, placing a hand over her belly. "Baby, please stop."

Maya hardly got the words out as another wave of nausea came over her. She pushed the door close with her feet and sank to her knees. With each passing seconds, the throbbing pain in her head doubled and her throat began to burn.

As Maya sat on the floor by the toilet she began to lose all concept of time. Her stomach was completely empty but the waves of nausea wouldn't stop. It took everything in her to finally pull herself up to her feet and turn the cold water on in the sink. Maya gripped the edge of the vanity as her body swayed slightly. She placed her trembling hands under the cold water and gathered just enough to splash her face. The sweat beams that had gathered on her forehead melted away and washed down the drain. Grabbing a towel from the tray nearby, Maya dried her face and slowly stood up.

Done with the towel, Maya was about to set it aside when her eyes caught the dark red stains on the white material. Taken back, she looked up at the mirror in front of her.

"H-Heyder...." Maya called, her voice almost a whisper. Her body began to tremble as she watched the blood pour down her nose. Like a rapid raging river, the blood dripped down and splattered all over her shirt and sink.

Maya grabbed the towel and held it up to her nose. She tried her best to stop the nose bleed, but the more she moved, the more blood she got everywhere.

"Shit," she mumbled under her breath as she grabbed yet another towel.

With two towels in hand, Maya opened the door and lit up the large room with the light from the bathroom. She peered into the darkness to call to Heyder when suddenly she felt her heart stumble and skip a few beats. Stunned and caught off guard, Maya bent over to catch her breath. But before she could get back up, a deadly pain shot up her legs.

Maya groaned in pain as she fell to the floor. Her body began to tremble as the blood rolled to the back of her throat. She began to choke on the metallic taste.

"Heyder," Maya called to the jinn. Blood began to pour out of her mouth. "Heyder!"

At once, Heyder sat up on the bed. The covers fell off of him as he jumped out and dashed towards the witch on the floor.

"Maya!" He yelled as he snapped on the lights in the room. "What the fuck!"

There was blood everywhere. On the floor, on the walls, on Maya. Heyder felt his heart stop as she began to cough and spit up blood. He pulled her into his arms and moved her to her side. Holding her hair back he let her spit up the dark liquid all over the floor.

Gemma! Ali!

Heyder called for help through the mind-link. His hands had already begun to heal Maya, but he knew he didn't have enough energy left to help her for too long.