Ch.53 Shooting Stars

Chapter 53

1 week later

Heyder tapped his feet impatiently as Maya sat on the bed beside a sleeping Fiza. She glared at him over her shoulder as Gemma laughed and shook her head.

"Can you be any more annoying?" Maya asked.

"Yes, I can be," Heyder said.

"I can't focus with you tap dancing over there."

Heyder groaned as he moved away and sank into one of the wingback chairs. His long legs stretched out in his dark jeans as he leaned his forehead against one of his fingers. His brown eyes watched Maya hold Fiza's hand, waking her up from the deep slumber slowly.

"Gemma should be doing this," Heyder said.

"Shhhh," Maya shushed him.

"You're using too much energy. This shit is taking forever!"

"Oh my god, Heyder!" Maya snapped in frustration. "Now you're gonna tell me when I can and cannot use my magic?"

"Like you would even listen to what I would suggest," Heyder snorted.

"Suggest?" Maya narrowed her eyes. "You're over there demanding I don't use my magic and just sit on my ass all day."

"You can barely walk for five minutes without passing out!"

"That's a lie!" Maya jumped up from the bed causing Heyder to frown at her sudden movements. "Oh does that bother you, Heyder? Should I ask you before I get up?"

"Maya," Gemma spoke softly to her daughter as she reached for her.

"Tell him!" Maya pointed to Heyder. "He won't let me move! He's driving me insane!"

"You don't need to move!" Heyder fought his case hard. "Rye said you need to take things slow. That doesn't mean running around all over the fuckin place."

"Heyder," Gemma turned to the jinn. "She needs to move or her body will ache."

"Thank you!" Maya sank down onto the bed.

"Does she have to move like that?" Heyder pointed, jumping to his feet. "I swear the baby is gonna fall right out of her."

"Oh for fuck's sake," maya shook her head.

"Maya," Gemma frowned. "I think you sh-"

"Of course you take her side!"

"Heyder!" Gemma snapped. "Stop. You're older then everyone here. Act your age. I am not taking anyone's side."

Maya's blue eyes narrowed as she glared at Heyder. As she watched his eyes darkened too.

"What's the matter with you two?" Gemma frowned with disapproval. "Always shouting and yelling. My goddess. Is this what you're bringing my grandson into?"

"We're fine," Maya waved her mother's concerns away. "

Gemma raised a brow looking at Heyder.

"What she said," Heyder sank back into his chair. "She's just annoying at times when she doesn't listen."

"That's rich coming from you."

"Maya! Enough." Gemma scolded. "You know what? You two leave. I'll wake Fiza up and send her back. Just leave."

"No, mom," Maya sighed. She pushed her hair out of her face and looked down at Fiza. "I'm sorry. I can do this."

Before Heyder or Gemma could stop her, Maya took the sleeping girl's hand into her own and began to undo the slumber spell. She felt her baby whine as his source of energy lessened for just a few minutes. Biting down on the pain, Maya hid behind her hair to keep Heyder from seeing her face.