Ch.24 Never be Enough

Chapter 24

"Another one?" Margo asked as she held up a small green shot.

"Should you even be drinking?" Maya scrunched up her nose as she sat by the beach side bar. "You're like....12."

"Ew, Maya, please," Ali shivered. "Don't put disturbing images in my head."

Margo gave a carefree laugh as she leaned against the jinn and took the shot. Ali watched her with admiration as if she just won a gold medal.

"She's 19!" Maya said. "She's underage."

"Mortal alcohol does nothing," Margo shrugged. "I'm not doing any harm."

"Last one, okay?" Ali said as the mermaid picked up another green shot off the stable in front of her.

"Only if you ask nicely," Margo batted her lashes.

"Darling, you'll be the death of me," Ali sighed. "Please no more drinks."

"Okay," Margo passed the little glass to Maya.

"I need like....twenty of these," Maya groaned. "Or some pixie brew."

"No, Pixie brew for you," Ali shook his head as Margo sat down on his leg. "I know you are upset, but I have no energy to deal with you drunk."

"You used to be more fun," Maya teased.

"My bachelor days are gone," Ali said, pulling Margo closer. "I am now an honest man looking to settle down and start a family."

"With two kids and a husky?" Margo asked.

"A house by the ocean. Stairs on the back patio that leads directly to the beach," Ali grinned.

"I would like that very much," Margo nodded.

"Hello!" Maya hit the wooden bar. "I am heartbroken here."

"Sorry, sorry," Ali turned to the witch.

"I'm surprised he isn't here for you yet," Margo frowned. "If Ali didn't come after me, I would have him chained with electric eels."

"He's probably too busy taking care of his Fiza," Maya snorted before she placed her head down on the table.

"I hate seeing you like this," Margo rubbed her back. "This is not Maya Dorin."

"I love that idiot," Maya sighed.

"Yes, but where is the girl I looked up to as a little kid that used to date all those hot boys? OH! Remember Harry Hammermill? He was so hot!"

Maya picked her head up, "He was hot. Nice ass too."

"He was crazy about you!" Margo said. "Why can't Heyder be like that?"

"Because he's a fuckin' idiot," Maya shook her head.

"I've known him since the dawn of my birth," Ali frowned. "This is the first time I really want to break his bones."

"I just don't know what to do anymore," Maya sighed as she placed her head back on the bar. "I don't even understand what is happening."

"It's not fair to you,"Margo shook her head with disapproval. "Did you notice the way his voice changed when he was talking to Fiza? What the hell was that? He barks at you but with her it's as if he's talking to the queen of England."

"He always does that," Maya looked out at the dark ocean. The sun had sat a long time ago and the ocean breeze was cool and refreshing. Little tiki lights lit up the beach as people carried on the nonstop party.