A Nice Surprise

Y/N POV
The nurse, who you now knew as Lola, took Elijah's hand and held it for a brief moment, before handing  it back to you. "He's doing alot better than last time we checked." she says beaming at you, "I think he'll be perfectly fine. The doctor said he probably will too." she explains putting her hand on your shoulder. You take one hand from Elijah's and put it on hers. "Don't cry over him. He'll be fine, promise." she says comfortingly and you try and stop crying. "I miss him.."you say taking a deep breath."It's my fault he did this." Lola sighs and looks at you, "Nothing you did could've stopped him. It seems like he'd thought it through very well actually. But his body is very strong and is still fighting."her words are reassuring to you."Lola!" you smile. Elijah lays with his eyes opening and closing. Lola gets up. "Isn't that a nice surprise!" she leaves the room. "Elijah!" you get up and begin crying happy tears. "You're okay!" he tries to move to touch you but his arm fails him and falls back down. You lean over the bed and hug him. "Y/N?"he croaks you nod. He lifts his hand with more effort and pulls his arm to hug you. You hug him back."Elijah, I'm so sorry." he doesn't reply, he just hugs you tightly. Lola comes back in. "We need to do some test." you nod and leave the room.

"Ethan! Elijah is going to be okay, he woke up!" Ethan jumps awake and looks up at you, "Really?" you nod and he gets up. "When can I see him?" he says. You smile, "I think you can see him now!" Ethan hugs you, "Thanks." he rushes into Elijah's room. "He's okay?" Y/F/N says and you nod. She lets out a long sigh of relief. "I'm glad, I thought we'd lost him." she says tears of happiness in her eyes. She hugs you and you both just sit happily crying into each other.

"Do we have a Mrs Y/L/N?" (your last name) a voice calls and you awake. "That's me." you raise your hand. She smiles. "The patient in Room 319 has asked to see you." she beams. Elijah's room. Ethan gives you a double thumbs up as you leave and you return it. "Elijah?" you say opening the door ajar. "Is everything okay?" he nods slowly. "I needed to tell you.." he says softly, his voice raspy, "It wasn't your fault you know? I only did it because I thought I'd lost you.." his voice trails off. "Elijah, you'll never lose me." you say, "No matter what happens." he smiles. You walk over to him and sit on the chair beside him. "I'm sorry. Sorry I tried to overdose, I was hurting." he says his smile fading. You just nod, "I know I'm sorry I hadn't arrived sooner." you feel tears creeping from the darkest part of your eyes. "It's okay. Never blame yourself for something I do." Elijah says frowning. You begin to cry and he puts his arm around you.

You leave the hospital room after talking for hours. "Lola?" she spins around beaming. "Yes?" she asks tucking hair flowing hair behind her ear. "When will Elijah be coming home?" you ask and she looks at you. "In about three days!".

                        Elijah's POV
Three more days pass of nurses and doctors checking in on me and vists from Y/N, Ethan and Y/F/N and I'm finally allowed to go home. Y/N hugs me as soon as we get home and Ethan smiles. Y/S/N is nowhere to be seen. "Where's Y/S/N?" I ask. "Y/S/N? We sent her back to her house." Y/N smiles. "What?" I say confused. "I wasn't going to let her stay after what she did!" Y/N says shrugging her shoulders. Ethan nods, "We all agreed it for was for the best Y/S/N left. Y/F/N nods with him. When we get inside I can hear the kittens bells ringing in Ethan's room and Rudy's bell floating down the stairs. Other than that everything is still.

                            Y/N POV
Elijah stands there for a moment just looking around. Ethan walks over to him and pats his back, "Feels good to be able to that again." Ethan says his smile beaming and Elijah laughs, "Feels good to be back." his eyes twinkling as he looks around. His smile widens as he locks onto your eyes. You notice Y/F/N sneaking pictures from the corner of your eyes. "Hey!" you say laughing as she fumbles to put her phone away. Elijah looks at her he mouths something and smiles at you before walking into the kitchen.  

                         Y/F/N POV
Elijah looks at me, realising I had been taking pictures of them and mouths 'send me those later' before smiling at Y/N and walking into the kitchen. Y/N comes up to me, "What did he mouth?" she smirks. "He asked me to ask you if you would like a drink!" I say it loud enough for Elijah to hear it, he nods and quickly goes to the fridge and grabs a bottle of juice. Y/N smiles, "Okay and yes please Elijah!" she shouts the last words so Elijah can hear them and runs over to him.

Ethan walks to me and hugs me, "Thank you for making me feel better while Elijah was in hospital." he whispers into my hair. "Anytime!" I nod. Deep down I know that I couldn't do it anytime. While we were in the hospital I was trying to act strong because I didn't want them to think I was weak. But in reality I was a nervous wreak.

                           Y/N POV
You rush over to Elijah as he pours the juice into a cup and hands it to you. "Thank you!" you say taking the cup and taking small sips. He pours himself a cup and begins to sip it. Y/F/ N looks at you with tears in her eyes and you put the cup down and rush to her. "What's wrong?" she looks away. "I just wanted to be strong but it's eaten me up."she says tears rolling doqn her cheeks before land on the floor." You don't have to be strong it's okay." you pull her into a hug until she calms down,"Okay.. Thank you." you nod and feel something brush past your arm. You quickly spin and see Elijah walking upstairs. "Should I follow him or-" you begin, "Well I mean he didn't touch your arm by accident so yeah!" Y/F/N says laughing. "Okay!" you breathe in and follow Elijah. He's running at this point. "Hey slow down!" you say and he slows down. You catch up. Elijah takes a deep breath, "Y/N I love you so much and I just want to prove it wasnt your fault,"he says pulling something from a pocket in his hoodie. He closes his eyes and looks away, pushing the note towards you."It explains everything." you take it and tremble as you open it.
' To Y/N
I want you to know none of this was your fault, it was mine. I let you go and then I couldn't take it, so I overdosed. I'll miss you so much and from heaven I'll watch over you everyday.
                    Love you always,
                            Elijah x. '
You begin to shake as you read the note. Elijah looks back at you with tears in his eyes, he rushes over to you and hugs you. "I love you so much." he says into your hair. "I love you more Elijah." you return. You both stand hugging each other for a couple of moments until Ethan comes upstairs and coughs. "Sorry!" he says walking into his room.