Chapter 14

George:
Hey Darryl
I think I'm ready to film again

Darryl:
sftlr
That's great! The president actually told me that the film team wanted you and Caine to star together

George:
Oh
Caine?

Darryl:
Caine. He's number 2 Top rn
You think you can do it?

George starts typing but then stops, the text bubble waving up and down before disappearing completely. Filming with Caine? He remembered the few encounters he had with the pink haired man. He seemed overly confident and sort of an ass. Clay doesn't really like him either.

But I kind of need the money.

George:
Do you know how much I'll get paid?

After a few minutes of being left on read, George tosses his phone to a spot next to him on the couch. He turns on the TV onto a random channel. Even though he had lived alone for years now, the silence right now was too much. And being Clay for the past couple of days... he had sort of gotten used to the noise.

Speaking of which, he looks at the clock that hung on the wall. It's been about ten minutes since the other man had left for a grocery shopping trip. George would've gone with him, but to be honest, he felt too sore to go out.

A ding from his phone notifies him that his manager had texted back. He grabbed his phone and swiped on the text notification.

Darryl:
Well, since it'll be your first video with anal sex
And you're filming with our number 2 Top...
The President's willing to give you $8k for it (¬‿¬ )

George's eyes bulged at the number. Eight thousand? It was quite a lot. In fact, it was almost eight times as much as his first two paychecks. It would be enough to pay for his grandma's treatment and hospital bills, with a little extra for him to spend on the side.

George:
Okay

Darryl:
Awesome. I'll let the team know and I'll give you a date and time later tonight or tomorrow.
But expect it to be in a few days time (⌒‿⌒)

The door to the condo opens and George closes his phone, dropping it at the side of the couch again. He smiles as Clay holds a bunch of grocery bags in his hands. He walks, or limps, towards Clay, trying to help carry the bags to the kitchen.

"You didn't have to help me," Clay says as he places a couple bags onto the kitchen island.

George opens the fridge to start placing perishable foods inside. "But I wanted to. If I'm going to stay here for a few nights, I'd like to help out."

"I thought you said you were sore."

George rolled his eyes. "And whose fault is that?"

Clay only grins.

They spend the next few minutes placing all the items in their respective storage areas and then laid on the couch with George leaning his head against Clay's shoulder, watching a random American TV show.

"Have you told Darryl that you're ready to film yet?" Clay says, his eyes still glued to the TV screen.

"Yeah I did," he replies.

"When are you filming again?"

George hesitates. He knows how Clay feels about Caine. He didn't want Clay to be angry at him or anything. He just needed the money. Clay would understand, right?

"George?" Clay asks, this time looking at him with slight concern.

"Oh, uh, I think in a few days; just some solo stuff," he mumbles. "What about you?"

"I have to film tomorrow," Clay replies, turning back to the show.

George hums in acknowledgement, both men returning to the show with bored interest. Though, George couldn't quite focus on the show. Something pricked at his heart when he hears that Clay was filming tomorrow, with someone that wasn't him.

Jealousy.

Would Clay feel jealous when he finds out he'll be filming with Caine? George bites his lips. He realized that he wanted Clay to feel jealous. Would he? Or was it just wishful thinking?