Chapter 19

George lets out an exhausted sigh as he sits on the sofa, leaning back against the cushions. He has been doing chores all afternoon, doing the laundry and cleaning Clay's house. His stupidly spacious house.

He feels the sofa dip next to him and he instinctively lets his head fall against Clay's broad shoulders.

"Tired?" Clay chuckles.

"Very," he sighs. "Your house is too big."

"Oh come on, I used to clean the entire thing by myself."

George rolled his eyes. "Well now i'm cleaning the entire thing by myself."

"No you're not," Clay retorts. "I'm cleaning the bathroom."

That was true. George hated cleaning bathrooms so Clay volunteered to do it instead. "Fair, fair."

"Anyway, we should finish moving your things over."

George takes a look at the pile of boxes near the entrance. "We're almost done, it's mostly things I've kept from when my parents were alive," he shrugs. "I'll probably throw it out."

"Are you ready to leave yet?" Clay asks.

"Uh, yeah, let me just change into jeans." George gets up from the couch and starts walking to the bedroom.

"Make sure to wear those skinny jeans you have," Clay smirks. "Makes your ass look nice."

He blushes. "Shut up you perv."

George ends up wearing those black skinny jeans anyways. Clay had told him that morning that he had a meeting with the president and manager. Assuming it's about their relationship, George insisted to come, just in case, despite Clay telling him not to worry about it.

When they reached the building, they exited the elevators and started walking to the end of the hallway to where the President's office was.

Then a certain pink haired man was also walking down towards them, not noticing them as he was typing on his phone. Clay seemed to walk faster, outwalking George and George was about to say something but was too late.

Clay right hooked Caine who shouted "ow". His phone dropped on the ground, making a clacking noise.

"Clay what the fuck?" George yells as he runs to catch up to him, holding him back from doing more damage to Caine.

"You fucker," Clay growls at Caine, eyes narrowed with anger.

Caine rubbed his cheek, pain showing in his eyes but crouched to grab his phone from the ground. "The fuck was that for?"

"You know what," Clay retorts, still angry.

"For fucking your boyfriend?" Caine had the audacity to tilt his head innocently.

George feels Clay tensing and starting to move and he uses all his strength to stop him from punching the other man again. "Clay stop!"

And Clay did, realizing what he did. "Sorry," he mumbled to Caine as he lets his raised arm fall to his side.

"Yeah, I'm sure you are," Caine rolled his eyes, face in a grimace.

"You should go to the meeting," George tells him. "I'll be in the break room if the president and your manager wants to talk to me."

"Okay," Clay says slowly, eyeing Caine suspiciously as he walks away to head to his meeting.

"Sorry for that," George apologizes. "It's not your fault."

Caine shrugs. "I expected that."

They stood in awkward silence for a few moments. "Wanna head to the break room?" George suggested. "There's ice in there for your face."

"I guess so. How am I supposed to film with a bruise on my cheek," he mumbled as they walked to the break room.

They both sat down on different couches, across from each other. Caine had a makeshift ice bag on his bruising cheek.

"Dream got lucky that he's got you," Caine comments, smirking at him. "You're really cute."

"Even if I wasn't with Dream, I'd never date you because you only like me for my looks," he points out gently.

The other laughs. "True. Best of luck in the future, George." The actor stands up, still holding the bag of ice. "I see your profile rising close to number one bottom."

George hears the door close with a click, sighing in relief. About ten minutes later, the door clicks open and he sees Clay entering the room and he stands up, only to be met with a tight hug.

"He didn't do anything did he?" Clay mumbles into his shoulder.

"No," George smiles, amused at how overprotective his boyfriend was. "I'm fine, don't worry. Let's go home?"