Chapter 24

George slowly blinks and opens his eyes as he wakes up, still a bit sleepy. He rolls over to the left, where he'd usually be met with Clay's chest, but this morning, the bed was empty.

Disappointed, he sits up, and yawns as he tries to fix his bed hair. Where had Clay gone? Then he freezes.

A black cat was curled at the foot of their bed, sleeping soundly, it's small form going up and down as it breathed.

"Loki?" George gasps.

His loud, sudden gasp has startled the cat to a wake. It gets up, and stretches, before sitting down and turning it's green gaze to George and meowing at him.

"Do you like him?"

George looks up to see Clay leaning against the door frame, grin wide on his face.

"What the fuck, Clay?" George exclaims. Loki pads up to him, mewing, begging for pets. "When did you get him?"

"Yesterday," he explains. "I had a friend get him after we left and take care of him overnight. I had to wake up early to pick him up so I could surprise you this morning."

George lifts Loki up and away from him and runs to Clay, giving him a big hug. "I love you."

"I love you too, George," Clay says.

He lifts George's chin up, giving him a kiss. George closes his eyes, sinking into the kiss. He feels hands touching him from under his shirt, sliding up slowly from his sides. He moans into the kiss.

Mrrww!

They break apart to stare at the cat who entwined itself between their legs, meowing for attention.

George sighs and picks him up, petting him. "You're such a needy cat."

Clay chuckles, walking across the room to make their bed. "He's as needy as you."

"Shut up," George blushes, still petting Loki who continued to purr. "Also, we should go shopping for cat supplies."

"Definitely. Get him a lot of toys so I can have you all to myself," Clay pouts. "You love him more than me, don't you?"

"Yes."

"That hurts."

George laughs. "I'm just kidding you idiot." He lets Loki down. The black cat leaping up their bed to groom itself once again. George gives Clay a back hug. "I love you so much."