Chapter 15

George sat in the shotgun seat of Clay's mercedes. Clay was taking him to the hospital, as requested by George, and then driving to work right after.

"I know you only agreed to stay a few nights at my place," Clay starts, eyes trained on the road. "But do you want to stay for a few more nights?"

"Yes," George says a little too quickly. "I mean, yeah, if you don't mind." His cheeks start to tint pink. He didn't mean to sound so desperate or needy. But George really just wants to spend more time with Clay.

Clay smiles. "Okay, I'll pick you up after I finish filming?"

"That'd be great."

Once they had reached the hospital, the handsome, blonde haired driver pulled over to the side. Just as George opens the car door, Clay pouts. "No goodbye kiss?"

George rolls his eyes at him, blushing at the request. "Maybe next time," he then looks at him with a soft gaze before winking and leaving the car.

He enters room #3068, worry clearly shown in his furrowed eyebrows.

"Hi, grandma," he greets as he closes the door.

Today when they had woken up and eaten breakfast, George had spontaneously asked Clay if he could drive him to the hospital, to which, of course, Clay happily agreed to. What George didn't tell him about was that the hospital had called him last night to tell him that his grandma's condition has been getting worse and that treatment was doing little to nothing.

"Hi, sweetie," his grandma smiles at him as he takes a seat by her side. "How has school been?"

"It's been great," George lies. He doesn't go to school. "But more importantly, how have you been? I got a call yesterday from the hospital.

His grandma scoffs. "They're always giving panic inducing calls."

Despite the joke, George couldn't laugh. "I'm really worried for you."

"I know, you don't have to though," his grandma coughs and George immediately hands her the cup of water on the small table next to the bed to which she refused. "It's nothing, just a bit smothering in here."

"Why don't we go for a walk in the garden?" George suggests.

"That would be nice," his grandma replies. "I haven't gone to the garden today yet. All those nurses have been busy."

George then helps his grandma into her wheelchair. He wheels her out of the room, into an elevator where he had clicked on floor seven, the floor where there was a garden for patients who want fresh air, or for those who need some outdoor physical therapy.

"Your treatment hasn't been going well, has it?" George asks as he wheels her around.

She gives a dismissive wave. "Don't worry about it, George. I'm fine as you can see."

"You're kind of a bad liar, grandma."

George was met with silence, except for the quiet rustles of leaves and other white noise of the outside. He hoped he hadn't offended her. George and his grandma had always had a good relationship with each other, always joking around.

"George, I appreciate you a lot," his grandma starts to say. George sighs in relief that he hadn't offended her. "I'm heartbroken that you have to work so hard, both in school and your job, just to pay for my treatment costs."

"I'd do anything for you, grandma," he says. "You're worth working hard for."

"If only your parents didn't die... you'd have a much easier life.
He would have an easier life. George would actually be in school, working hard for his degree and later working a well paying job in the industry.

But would he have met Clay? The man he... he likes? Still, George doesn't know how he feels about him, but he knew it was something positive.