Chapter 17

Clay:

Omw

5mins

George sits down sorely on a bench outside of the company, waiting for Clay to arrive. His heart hurt.

Would Clay even like him? After lying and then filming with Caine? George doesn't even know if Clay considered them to have a "thing" with each other. Maybe he only invited George over to his house just to play with him.

George sat there, looking down at his laps, just thinking and thinking. He didn't even realize when a tall figure came up to give him, kneeling down and hugging him. The familiar scent only caused him to cry silently into the other's broad shoulders.

"Are you okay?" Clay says softly, pulling George even closer to him, uncaring at the strange looks coming from the people walking around them.

"Please take me home," he whispers.

Clay's heart hammers against his chest at how pained George sounded, as well as him calling his condo his home.

Clay pulls him up to his feet and George winces slightly at how sore he was. They walked to his car and drove home. Throughout the car ride, George leaned against the window, staring aimlessly at the outside. No words spoken between the two men.

Clay unlocked the door to his condo, and noticed how he was limping towards his bedroom. Clay sighs and picks George up, bridal style and carries him to his bedroom instead. George tiredly lets him, half falling asleep in his arms. The blonde places him down gently onto the bed and gets into the bed with him, pulling George close to his chest. Clay runs his hand through George's hair, comfortingly.

"Everything will be okay, baby," Clay coos gently. "I'm right here with you."

-

When George wakes up a couple hours later, he finds the space next to be empty. He sits up immediately, slightly panic stricken. Where had Clay gone?

As if on cue, Clay walks into the bedroom with a plain white t-shirt and grey joggers with two bottles of water in his hand. He smiles upon seeing that George was awake.

"Hey, you woke up."

"Yeah I did," he says simply.

"Water?" Clay sits on the edge of the bed, handing him a bottle.

"Yes please."

After chugging a quarter of the bottle, he caps it and places in on the nightstand.

"I'm going to shower," George says.

Clay only nods. "You don't have to ask."

George heads to the shower. Finally able to get himself clean. He blushed, embarrassed. He probably smelled bad when he took his nap with Clay. After he was done, he walked out of the bathroom, seeing Clay sitting on the bed, back against the headboard, scrolling on his phone.

"Clay..." George says, eyes averting down, nervous. "W-we need to talk?"

Clay's face grew serious, but still gentle. "Yeah?" George sits next to him.

"Yeah." George says more confidently, this time making eye contact with him, but then he hesitates. Would Clay get mad at him?

"What did you want to talk about?" Clay prompts him gently. After George stays silent for a while, he only gives him a gentle smile. "You don't have to tell me what happened today if you don't want to. I'll always be here to listen though."

George shakes his head. "I'm sorry."

"Huh?" Clay furrows his eyebrows in confusion. "Sorry?"

"I- I lied," George admits, looking down at his lap again, playing with the bed sheet below him. "I wasn't filming solo... I filmed with Caine."