Several days of Testing

On every station was a slip of paper that held a topic in it. Each was unique to the station and seemed highly vague.

On the set design station there was the medieval topic. Prop design had Spiders. Costume design had coins and Script writers had chess (along with a list of moves one can take in the game). Metal had coffee while the wood station had basketball. Clay got given execution and plastic ended up getting horses. The electronic department had to make something to do with sharks while the fabric corner had a military. The composer had to write something around the telephone but the musician had to play something to do with football. Rugby was given to the computer while spiritism was given to the makeup lot. Filming had billiards as a topic while the dancers had shipping. The actors had to do something with cats and lastly, the stunt station got the topic motorcycles.

The first one was easy. There were a thousand things you could do, from massive castles to deep forests there were a lot of different scenes from the time. I decided to go with a citadel marketplace as it let me add a lot of little details on the market. I added in every little detail I could before the time ran out, I added the statues on the road and the doors leading into the houses and the items to be sold.

After time ran out I was sent to the next station, prop design. That one wasn't too easy to be creative in but wasn't too difficult. I drew on a metallic spider, basically a spider with armour covering its body and melded to it's flesh. Wasn't my best work but there wasn't a lot to go with.

Making a costume based around coins wasn't too hard. It was just making it look good that was the trouble. I drew a white dress with lace travelling up the side. Gold and silver coins travelled alongside the embroidery in a delicate pattern kind of like butterflies along the stem of a flower.

Script writing something around chess was difficult. Writing a basic game would be boring so I added extra tension. I put the stakes up and had constant switching between the game and its effects. A war that changed with every move. Each of the players talked to each other, neither wanted the war but both continued until the last move, where the scene cut off with one player doubting his move.

Making something about coffee from metal was more than difficult. Eventually, I decided to make a coffee plant, or at least some of the steams and leaves. It wasn't that complicated of a shape but it was something.

Kacchan seemed pleased with the day and told me about his work.

On the second day, I started at the wood station.

Of course, this was the point where the day was forced to a close. A few products were interesting to look at. There were a good few statues and an amazing coffee bean paint creature thing made from metal. Not quite sure who made it but it was incredible nevertheless.

Basketball was easy... or at least it was when I worked out what basketball was. Don't judge me, I spent most my childhood carving faces into trees I didn't have time for sport. I made a detailed baseball bat with a dragon lining the handle and up half the bat. It was quite fun to work on the lath again but it was difficult in the time limit.

For clay, execution wasn't the easiest to work with but it could have been a lot worse, just imagine trying to use that for custom design. I made a vague piece with a swirling mist like cloak and a figure in the middle. I made sure to add the details of a cut throat to show they had been killed. I didn't get time to let it dry and paint it but maybe I could come back later.

Doing something with horses wasn't that hard with the plastics. I created a mould that would give the shape of a horse. It was on its hind legs with a knight on it's back ready to attack. I carved out little details into the figurine. I wanted to paint it but there wasn't any paint to use.