Leap of Faith

Everything that happened happened too quickly to react. One second we were being rushed out the door the next we were being thrown across the joint. 

One of the villains had a robotic suit on with hundreds of arms, each one grabbing us and chucking us away. 

Thankfully, I was very lucky as I landed in the 'sea side' section and the water broke my fall. I felt a pounding in my head as my vision became fuzzy. I was not a great swimmer on the best of days and this was not helping one bit.

Something was swimming towards me, something was coming to kill me.

I felt a pair of arms wrap around my waist and pull me up. They brought me to the edge of the boat and helped me climb up the ladder. Collapsing on the deck, I held my head painfully. 

Tsu sat a little to the side of me, holding Mineta's against the wall and away from her. "Are you okay, Midoriya-kun?"

"I think so, not got a concussion yet," I explained, wincing at the pain. Lifting up my hand to my forehead I silently cursed at the blood leaking through the skin. "That's not good."

"I don't understand what's going on! Why are there villains here?! Why are they attacking us?!" Mineta ran around in circles, panic clear in his face.

"Calm down, Mineta. Panicking will not help us," I stated. I looked around for something to stop my bleeding but without any spare fabric laying around, there was little I could do. Sighing, I looked at the other two. 

None of us had our phones on us and even if we did the phones would have been damaged by the water and probably wouldn't work, hence why they were asked to leave them behind in the first place.

Looking out across the water, I spotted Aizawa-sensei punching one of the villains. Different people were shooting out him, the loud bangs reaching the ship. My finger curled around the edge of the ship, a feeling of dread running through my body. 

We needed to help him, it wasn't as if he knew how to fight, he wouldn't have even learnt to fake fight, he wasn't an actor. 

Looking up I noticed some of the students were still at the only entrance and exit. The man in the robot suit was fighting them but Thirteen was defending them. If we could distract the man in the suit it could give them time to get out.

Oh, Kacchan is going to kill me for this. 

"We need to help. If we can distract the man in the purple robot suit, that should help give time for someone to get out and get proper help," I explained, looking to the others for support. If they told me I was crazy and I shouldn't do it, I will listen to their counsel. It is crazy and I am not dragging those two down with me.

"You have to be crazy," Mineta screamed, jumping back and away from me. Well, that answers my thoughts.

"We should do it."

Or not. 

"What?! You two are insane! We can't fight all those people! Those villains," Mineta screamed pathetically.

Tsu gave me a comforting look as she nodded. "If we can help we should. But we also need to be careful, it does nothing if we get killed."

Wincing, I unconsciously rubbed my hand against some of the old burn scars that covered my torso. "They have guns, so we will need to be extra careful. Firstly we need to find a way off this boat."

Before either Tsu or Mineta could react, a series of gun fires hit against the ship side. Jumping for cover, I ducked my head down. 

Tsu and Mineta quickly hid with me, Mineta screaming loudly- somehow being louder than the guns- while Tsu seemed unaffected by the noise. 

Eventually, the terrorist ran out of bullets letting us relax. That was too close. 

Looking over the side, I could see multiple small boats with groups of different people standing on. They looked up at us, reloading quicker when noticing we were still alive.

"We definitely need to get off the boat now," I muttered, quickly looking around for an escape. "If we can get one of the boats we can get to the beach. Who can jump the farthest?"

"I can but I am not leaping over this edge until we have a plan, ribbit," Tsu said simply.

"If we can make a good enough distraction we can draw the fire away from you. I'm not sure how good your fighting is but I suggest we get you to the boat with the fewest members. Guessing from the boat models, the one of the furthest left should only have two members on board," I explained thoughtfully.

"How do you even know that?!" Mineta stared at me in shock as I shrugged my shoulders.

"Kacchan wanted to do a boat scene when we were little. I refused any sense of unreality so I learnt how many people it took to pilot different ships." Turning to look back over the edge, I was sure that we could make this work. "Firstly we need a big enough distraction."

Before we could think of one, I spotted something coming towards us. 

"That we work." The others couldn't ask me what I meant, a small bomb hit the isde of the ship. The pressure shook the ship and sent water over the small boats. "Tsu, go now!"

Tsu ran forward and leaped over the edge. She was reached out to grab onto the ship side, almost missing it by finger length. Pulling herself onto the deck she punched the first guy and threw the second into the lake. 

Pushing the boat forward she pulled it into leaping distance of the ship. I was about to jump when the gun fire started up again. 

Waiting for it to die down, I looked back. Mineta was too scared to jump and if we didn't go at the right moment he would die. 

Picking up the small man, I watched the villains, watched the guns, watched the bullets go down and down, until... now. 

Time for a leap of faith.