18

Halt

I buried my face on his chest as I hugged him back. Nakita ko kung paano lumaki ang mata niya nang yapusin ko siya ng mas mahigpit. My eyes immediately closed when the warmness of his body embraced mine.

For a while, it made me forget the pain I felt.

It was so unexplainable. Pati ako hindi ko alam kung bakit bigla nalang gumaan ang pakiramdam ko nang maramdaman kong nasa loob ako ng mga bisig niya. I missed him so much and I couldn't deny that.

Somehow, being inside his arms feels like home.

"A-are you okay?"

I didn't answer. Instead, I just buried myself on him and cried even more. Ilang segundo pa ay narinig ko siyang humugot ng malalim na hininga. My mouth automatically plastered a smile when his warm hands carefully carressed my head.

His heart was thumping fast– and so mine. Our hearts were synchronised, like there was a rhythm that they follow for them to beat at the same time. It was the second time he gave me this kind of hug, even though we're not on the same place where he gave me that, I still feel relieved and safe inside his arms.

"Shh.." He was breathing heavily. "Just cry until you feel okay."

Kasabay ng malakas na paghampas ng hangin ang pag sunod sunod na pagtulo ng luha ko. I don't know how he possibly came on the right time when I needed a shoulder to cry on. Wala na kong naisip gawin kundi umiyak lamang sa dibdib niya hanggang sa maramdaman kong ayos na ako.

Vino's nature is appearing in a place I didn't expect him to. Sometimes, he would ask questions where I am even though he already know where my place is. He's so annoying– really. But tonight, he's different.

We stayed in that position for seconds. I was waiting for him to let go but he didn't. He just continued caressing my hair while whispering comforting words. I kept a fair distance when I realized I was hugging him for too long. Umiwas ako ng tingin at pinunasan ang luhang nagbabadyang tumulo.

"I'm sorry." I apologized, trying to get rid of the awkward atmosphere. "I just badly need a hug right now."

I saw how he puffed out his chest wide open and extended his arms in my peripheral vision. He let out a sigh, still staying in that position.

What I missed the most about him is he understands my feelings. If I'm happy, he would be extremely happy. if I'm excited, he would me more than that. And now that I feel that the world is crushing me into tiny little pieces, here he is– sighing as if he shoulders every single problem in the world.

That thought made me smile.

"I can still give you another hug."

His looks are sincere. It feels like he's really ready to give me another one. No! My gosh, Halt. Get a grip! What the hell are you thinking? He fooled you diba, so why would you accept his arms?

"Keep it." I refused. God knows how much I wanted to feel his warm body once more. But I don't wanna look dumb. Parang tinanggap ko na uli siya sa buhay ko kung papayagan ko siyang yapusin uli ako.

I was about to turn around when he grabbed my arm all of a sudden. Dumampi ang noo ko sa matitigas niyang dibdib.

"Let's stay like this for a while."

Just like that, our body exchanged the warmess and calmness that the both of us have been looking for. I have to admit that it made me feel good. It's like our bodies were carved and meant to be with each other– perfect to be exact.

He was the one who let go, giving off a timid smile. Even if I can't barely see his face, I can conclude that he was all red.

A jaw from the left portion of his face twitched. He leaned forward causing me to step backwards. I saw how his mouth opened, like there was something he wanted to say but he quickly shut it and stepped back to rest his shoulder on the door frame.