26

Halt

I was freezed for a moment. There was no hint of sadness nor anger in my heart but I know I felt the same heartache when I saw them together before.

"H-halt." I heard Miguel's voice from my back. He was breathing hard, probably because he ran all the way to the end of the court. "They're just reviewing their defense." Assurance covered his voice. I looked at him, furrowing my brows.

"That close?" Sinubukan kong balutan ng inis ang sariling boses kahit alam kong kahit anong oras ay mababasag yun. I want to pull Leiane out of their place pero hindi magawang kumilos ng sarili kong paa.

"Nagrereview sila e, alangan namang ayusin nila yang defense tas ang distansya nila ay 6 feet." He seems uneasy, but I know he's putting a lot of effort to make me feel okay.

I plastered a smile, trying to hide the sudden heartache I felt. "Ah sana sinabi mo ng mas maaga."

Miguel pressed his lips together, looking nervous. I wasn't looking at him by judging by what I saw from my peripheral vision, kinakamot niya ang kanyang batok habang pabalik balik ng tingin saming dalawa ni Vino.

Leiane seem to be enjoying what's happening. I saw her glanced at me for a second before moving another inch to Vino, making them look like they are flirting. Siguro kung isang normal na indibidwal ako ay pag iisipan ko sila ng masama. Vino, on the other hand kept writing with his specs on, he seem to be discussing things because Leiane was nodding from time to time.

"Rip her head off, then." I looked back to see Andrei's reaction. He was casually playing his fingers while looking at them sharply. "I wonder if you can do that."

I looked at them again. Vino removed his specs and inserted it to the collar of his polo. I saw how his brows furrowed when he noticed Leiane sitting nearly. The corners of my mouth lifted when he distanced himself and whispered something to the woman. Napatungo naman ang babae bago magbigay ng espasyo.

Sakto namang tumayo siya ay nakita niya agad ako na nakatingin sakanya. His whole face lit up, dali dali siyang naglakad papalapit sa pwesto ko habang dala pa rin ang isang katutak na coupons sa kabilang kamay niya.

"I didn't know you were coming." The heartache I felt faded out of the blue when he reached out for me and gave me a pat on my head. Parang tambol ang puso ko sa sobrang lakas ng tibok nito.

I smiled. "Uhm.. surprise?" I raised both of my palm in the air and waggled them as if they were confettis.

"You came here to surprise me, huh?"

"Mukha bang ganon?" Natatawa kong sagot.

Panandalian kong sinulyapan si Leiane. Tahimik lang siyang nakaupo roon habang hawak ang iilang folders na ibinigay ata ni Vino kanina. She was looking at us with her brows furrowed. When she caught me looking at her, she eventually rolled her eyes and diverted her attention away.

Pinagmasdan ko ang kasuotan niya. She was wearing a decent corporate attire. Aaminin kong mas mukha siyang pormal at respetadong respetado sa kanyang kasuotan. She doesn't look bad at all.

"Who are you looking at?" Lumingon rin si Vino sa likod niya para silipin kung sinong tinitignan ko. He then let out a smirk before looking back at me. "Bugbog na siguro siya kakalait sa isip mo no?"

My forehead narrowed, how does he even know I was judging Leiane in my mind? "Are you fond of fortune tellers?" His smirk faded all of a sudden, replacing with a serious look..

"Mukha ba akong manghuhula sa paningin mo?" Hindi niya siguro talaga nagustuhan yung katanungan ko kaya nag iba ang awra ng mukha niya. I couldn't help but to laugh. Vino's way too cute to handle. "Let's go somewhere else, I don't want you to be exposed with guys." Mabilis pa sa alas kwatro niya akong hinigit palapit sakanya. I felt his hand tightened on my waist, as if he was really claiming what's his.