35

Halt

"Here are the possible topics for your debate, we'll have a practice in an hour."

Nakangiti kong tinanggap ang papel na inalok sakin ni Ms. Cruz. I gave her a nod before scanning the topics back to back. Madali lang naman at mabilis makahanap ng butas in case may mag ooppose. I blew out an air from my mouth before writing some key points.

Medyo kinabahan ako dahil sabi ni Ms. Cruz may inimbitahan raw siya na pwedeng maging guide namin. Ali and Stef were just quiet reviewing the paper that Ms. Cruz also gave. I heard both of them are gonna be competing for the Interschool pero sa Quiz bee at SIP naman sila naka assign. Mas mabuti na yun para may makasama din ako at hindi ako ma oout of place sa mismong araw ng kompetisyon.

"Halt, what do you think we should pick?" I glanced at Dhaly when she sat beside me, showing the same paper as mine. She will be my partner for the competition, actually tatlo kami, hindi pa nababanggit ni Ms. Cruz kung sino yung isa.

I examined the paper again, masyadong common ang mga nakalagay ron such as same sex marriage, adoption, and divorce. Mga arguments na madali lang hanapan ng butas, paniguradong boring ang kakalabasan ng debate kung ganon lang rin naman ang mapipili naming topic. I want something more than just arguing over the said issues.

My mouth literally formed an O when I saw an interesting topic. Agad kong pinakita yun kay Dhaly at binasa. "Teachers should avoid the use of social media to prevent relationships with students."

My brows furrowed when her lips parted in shock but she immediately closed it and looked away, as if she was avoiding things. I looked at her, doesn't she find it an interesting one? Bumalik ako sa paghahanap ng pwede pang itopic pero yun lang talaga ang mas okay.

"I....uhm.. C-can we..."

I tilted my head, waiting for her answer. She was about to say something but she closed her mouth, causing me to be more curious on what she's about to say. "Can we what?" I asked, still looking at her.

"N-Nevermind, how should we sta-"

"Dhaly."

She was cut off when Mr. Diaz appeared out of the blue, handing her a yellow pad and a piece of pen. I couldn't count how many seconds did they keep on staring. Now I'm starting to conclude things, huh. This is undeniably cute.

"T-thanks." Dhaly said, still looking flustered. Mr. Diaz gave us a nod and flashed a small smile before leaving. As soon as he turned back, Dhaly immediately looked up and watch him walk away. I couldn't help myself but to smile too! "Sorry, where are we again?" Her aura looks good now.

I leaned back and placed the paper infront of me, giving her a smirk. Her face reddened again, causing me to laugh a little. We must be thinking the same thing.

"Mr. Diaz, huh?" I teased, laughing. "Don't worry Dhaly he's just a practice teacher, you can still have your chance when you graduate."

She leaned back, looking more flustered. I suddenly remembered the time I used to act like her when I was so confused about my feelings towards Vino. I swear it's the most frustrating thing that ever happened to me because I never felt those butterflies in my stomach and that sudden thump of heart. I was even close on going to a doctor!

"He's the brother of my bestfriend. We've known each other for years but I promised to my bestfriend to never fall in love with his brother...." She sighed, massaging her temples. "Because he knows that his brother would hurt me in the end."